Urology Community
Hard area under the skin on Penis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Hard area under the skin on Penis

Hi,  I recently noticed a hard spot on the left side of my penis near the head.  It is cylindrical and about 1/2" in length.  It seems to be flexible.  It increases in size when I have an erection, to the point where it looks like a lump on the side of my penis.  Any suggestions as to what this might be?
Tags: penis, lumps
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Thanks for writing to the forum!
It is difficult to comment without examining the lump. It could be an enlarged vein ot a varicose vein as it enlarges with erection. Small cysts and lumps at the frenulum level are normal. Sweat glands too look enlarged with erection. It could also be a sebaceous gland. A lymphocele too is normal and so are pearly white papules.

However if there is a possibility do get yourself investigated for STD.

Hope this helps. Do consult an urologist. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

I have a couple of pics on my profile in posts that I made.  Does it look anything like the pics that I have?  

my description

My friend has a soft, bubble like bulge on the shaft of his penis.  It is located at the top of his shaft, on the left side directly under the head of his penis.  It is about the size of a pinky fingernail.  The bulge is only visible during an erection.  The bulge is skin colored and he has not experienced any pain or discomfort other than the stress of not knowing what this is.  He says that the bulge is soft and feels similar to the feel of a vein when touched,  In the four days that he has had this there has been no change in size, texture or color.

He went to a urologist today, but the urologist could not seeing anything while he was flaccid.   The urologist told him that his urine looked ok and told him to take aspirin and use cortisone cream.  I asked him why he did not make his penis erect for the exam and he said that he is so stressed over this that the only time he is hard now is in the morning.

He is 30 years old.  He had protected sex with 5 women before he married his wife and had unprotected sex with his wife for 8 years.  Recently he had unprotected sex with a girl that he has been seeing for the past couple of months.  The girl he was with had been in a monogamous relationship for 16 years and had recently been tested negative for all STD’s  and had not had sex with anyone since being tested.  She also retested after his bulge appeared and she was once again cleared of all STD’s.  They had unprotected sexy 5 days and 3 days before he woke up to see this bulge.  The night before the bulge appeared he went to a strip club and received several lap dances of vigorous grinding.  The night before and several times during the week before the bulge he had masturbated frequently.

I have been searching for information on this matter for several days and can not come up with anything conclusive.  I also sent a copy of the pictures to my friend who is a general Doctor in another state and he was not sure either.  He said that it is possible that it is any of the things that I have narrowed it down to.  From my research some of the possibilities include : Lymphocele, Sclerosing lymphangitis, Thrombosed vein, Varicose Vein and fibrous tissue.  Most research has suggested the underlying cause could be due to some kind of sexual trauma, aggressive sex/masterbation or overuse.  

I am including a picture of the bulge on his penis.  It is very hard to see the bulge in the picture, but I found another picture on this site that he says looks exactly like what he has.  The guy that posted the other picture says that he had thought that he had a lymphocyle, but 2 doctors have said that is not the case.  He was told that his was some kind of fibrous tissue.  Has anyone other there ever seen anything like this and if so do you know what it is or how you get it?  Also, it has been hard to find any pictures other than STD’s.  Does anyone know of any sites of where I can find more pictures of things like this?

Thank you so very much for any help that you can give!!!
Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
Top Urology Answerers
United Kingdom