Urology Community
Hard left testicle, epididymitis?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard left testicle, epididymitis?

Hello.  I've had a lump & discomfort in my left testicle for about 6 months.  When it first started I went to the doctor and I was told I had cysts on my epididymis.  He told me to come back in the future if I still had discomfort but assured me the cysts were normal.  

About 4 months later I still had the discomfort and now my left testicle was starting to harden.  I went to another doctor and he told me the same thing, cysts on my epididymis & that the pain was likely epididymitis.  He told me he could give me some pain killers but otherwise there wasn't much I could do.  

It's been about a month since and I'm starting to read up and I'm afraid I might have testicular cancer.  I am scheduling an MRI to check my testicle but in the mean time I would like to know if my symptoms sound like they match the diagnosis I was given by the doctors.  Thanks in advance.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi

An epididymal infection  and cysts in the area may be present with your symptoms. However, was a baseline scrotal ultrasound done to ascertain that this was indeed a cyst? This could have aided the diagnosis as ultrasound may readily ascertain the presence of cysts.

If this is epididymitis were medications prescribed you ? Were you able to take antibiotics for this?
Blank
I have not had an ultrasound done yet.  I am currently having issues with my insurance however I hope to schedule an appointment with the MRI lab next week.

The 2nd doctor offered to prescribe some antibiotics for the epididymitis, however, I never take antibiotics, so I declined the offer.  He said that would be fine as long as I didn't mind the ache.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...