Urology Community
Hard left testicle, epididymitis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hard left testicle, epididymitis?

Hello.  I've had a lump & discomfort in my left testicle for about 6 months.  When it first started I went to the doctor and I was told I had cysts on my epididymis.  He told me to come back in the future if I still had discomfort but assured me the cysts were normal.  

About 4 months later I still had the discomfort and now my left testicle was starting to harden.  I went to another doctor and he told me the same thing, cysts on my epididymis & that the pain was likely epididymitis.  He told me he could give me some pain killers but otherwise there wasn't much I could do.  

It's been about a month since and I'm starting to read up and I'm afraid I might have testicular cancer.  I am scheduling an MRI to check my testicle but in the mean time I would like to know if my symptoms sound like they match the diagnosis I was given by the doctors.  Thanks in advance.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

An epididymal infection  and cysts in the area may be present with your symptoms. However, was a baseline scrotal ultrasound done to ascertain that this was indeed a cyst? This could have aided the diagnosis as ultrasound may readily ascertain the presence of cysts.

If this is epididymitis were medications prescribed you ? Were you able to take antibiotics for this?
I have not had an ultrasound done yet.  I am currently having issues with my insurance however I hope to schedule an appointment with the MRI lab next week.

The 2nd doctor offered to prescribe some antibiotics for the epididymitis, however, I never take antibiotics, so I declined the offer.  He said that would be fine as long as I didn't mind the ache.