UROLOGY
COMMUNITY
Hard lump in scrotum
by Jammer80, Dec 21, 2007
Couple weeks ago, i noticed a small, very hard lump in my scrotum sac, and now ive noticed a second. I've tried to research it online, and everything i've come up with deals with lumps or cysts, on or near the testicles (such as spermatocele cysts).

But the lumps i feel are nowhere near the testicles, they feel like very small and hard lumps (almost like tiny pebbles), just underneath the skin of the scrotum. They do not cause any pain or discomfort, but i would like to find out what they are. Any help would be appreciated, im sure they are most likely nothing, but i would still like to identify them in case i get any more.
Member Comments (10)
by rsh43, May 25, 2008
I have had one for a number of years. Just noticed another-like a small beebee.  My md said the first was nothing to worry about.  Have not seen him yet about the second.
Have you learned anything since posting this question?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
by Vanessa LacuestaBlank, May 26, 2008
Hi.

When was the last time you had a consult with regards to the lump?

How is the first lump? Is there any change in its character? Any pain or swelling in the area?

Lumps and bumps in the scrotum requires further evaluation.They may be normal structures within the scrotal sac however other conditions like a spermatocele or hydrocele have to be ruled out. If the lump does not change in size and has not caused symptoms for quite sometime this may not be something which requires urgent intervention. However, it is best to have an initial evaluation done.
by lente, Aug 04, 2009
Weird, I myself also felt the same tiny, hard bump in my scrotum and days later I noticed that, that bump had split making teo now.  Then I had to pop it because it was turning like a pimple and it was painful.  I always get similar cysts in my body but this one I was concerned about.  What precausions should I take?
by dano551, Oct 03, 2009
I have had a hard painless lump at the top of my right testicle (inside the scrotum but attached to the testicle) for 12 years now; I had it checked initially and the GP said not to worry about it... it's gotten a little bigger though and is now; I'd say it went from the size of a peanut to a marble. I'd be interested to know what it is, if it could be cancerous or if it could turn into something cancerous-  should I ask my current GP to check it out and or get an ultrasound?

What are the chances it's bad vs. just a cyst?  (I know you have to say 'check it out', I will, but want to know the odds)
by Reaney, Nov 04, 2009
i have recently discovered a hardish lump on the right side within the scrotum it itself is painless but its causing uncomfort, this uncomfort can be described as being hit as various times i feel this in my stomach i have no idea what it is!!!
by jerik22, Nov 28, 2010
omg i have the exact save thing, small hard lump if i squeeze it i feel like i got the pain in the stomach after being ballsacked feeling
by Medsforlife, Feb 27, 2011
Yeah, I have the same little bump on the left side of my scrotum.  Painless.  I've have it for a couple of years.  I plan having a physical soon.  I'll have my doctor check it out.
by Sumerian, Oct 07, 2012
What was it?
by Sumerian, Oct 07, 2012
What was it?