Urology Community
Hard painless lump in testicle for years.. marble sized

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have had a hard painless lump at the top of my right testicle (inside the scrotum but attached to the testicle) for 12 years now; I had it checked initially and the GP said not to worry about it... it's gotten a little bigger though- I'd say it went from the size of a peanut to a marble over the years. I'd be interested to know what it is, if it could be cancerous or if it could turn into something cancerous-  should I ask my current GP to check it out and or get an ultrasound?

What are the chances it's bad vs. just a cyst?  (I know you have to say 'check it out', I will, but want to know the odds that it could be a slow-growing cancer)
Avatar_dr_m_tn
There’re 2 possibilities. It could be an epididymal cyst and it could be a malignancy also. I think you should consult a urologist for the same as you might need further tests like an ultrasound to find out the underlying pathology. The treatment will depend upon the underlying diagnosis. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.