Has anyone had a child suddenly begin to "leak" urine?
My extremely healthy 8 year old daughter, who has never had an accident since becoming trained at age 3, suddenly began to "leak" urine both during the day and night.  we had her urine tested about 3 times, and it was normal.  I took her for an ultrasound of her bladder, also normal.  I took her for an x-ray of her abdomen, which showed a lot of stool.
The doctor said that constipation was causing pressure on her bladder, and causing the leakage.  I found this hard to believe b/c she has never been constipated and actually pooped every day, like clockwork.   We started her on miralax, and she has been on it for about 3 weeks.  She is pooping still, but really no massive amount.  The leakage continues.  In between, we took her to a pediatric urologist, and saw a nurse practitioner there, who also felt it was constipation, but told me to make an appointment for a FLow-EMG in another month to check how the bladder muscles are working.  I am afraid that her muscles have now become weakened and I am trying to show her how to do kegals.  I am more traumatized by this than she is, as she is wearing a pad to school every day, and I constantly have to check her pants.  She was also getting sore from the urine being there, so every night I have to rub an ointment on her.  I feel that she has lost her privacy, and I just want it to stop.  Has anyone ever had this situation before?  Doe sit take a long time to clear out stool?  Please, any advice would help.  She is such a sweet little kid, and I don't want this to go on forever, as she was perfectly fine a month ago!
I just recently statred having a problem with my 6 year old son doing the same thing, and we can not find any answers. It is traumatizing, have you discovered what it is that caused the leakage?? any help may ease my nerves for a bit.