Urology Community
Help with pain after kidney stint removal??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Let me start by saying 2 years ago i had my thyroid removed due to cancer.I have what drs said was severe ibs symptoms for years.  Immeditaly after thyroid removal my back started hurting and never stopped. Then I started having severe pain in my side that did not stop around end of June this year. Went  to Urgent care dr said shows no infection but theres blood said it was prolly an infection starting put me on cipro sent me home. Pain increased went to Dr 3 days later they gave me loratab 7.5 sent me for cat scan found 3mm stone. said it should pass on its own.  Pain increased went back to  dr they made me appt with urologist had to wait 3 weeks. Went in and he said it prolly had stickys on it and it was prolly stuck did surgery a week later all this time i am eatng loratabs and motrin. I awoke from surgery in misery and an internal stint. I went to er night after surgery the pain as soooo bad. They said i had a bladder infection starting to take the cirpro and gave me k-flex and peridium. went back to Urologist 4 days later for stint removal and my urine was full of infection and stint stayed another 6 days.It was awful almost constant pain. The removal itself wasnt too bad but from the second he started pulling it out it hurt.That was 2 days ago i had to call in for stronger pain meds and i am in alot of pain i cant do any type of activity either sitting or standing i am at my best fully medicated with loratab 10 and motrin and peridium and another round of antibiotic in bed with 2 heating pads and a water bottle with hot water begging for sleep. I just really wonder if the back pain and supposed ibs has been kidney stones all along because the ibs symptoms at least for now have dissapeared??