Urology Expert Forum
Hematospermia due to Vasectomy
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hematospermia due to Vasectomy

Its been 21 days since my vasectomy and I am seeing a great deal of blood in my semen. After calling my Urologist, he said that it wasn't uncommon for this to occur after this procedure and that it will go away in a few weeks. He providing no explanation as to why this has occurred though.
My questions then are:
1.  Why don't urologists warn patients of this possibility,(seeing that its not uncommon) sparing  them this frightful discovery.
2.  If this wasn't uncommon, why can't I find any information on any medical forum on the internet that links hematospermia with vasectomy? My question about this problem is A FIRST.
3.  Why is this  happening to just me if No one else I have talked to that has had a vasectomy has experienced hematospermia.
I am a healthy 44 year old, physically fit, married and monogomous with two healthy children. Somehow I am not convinced that blood in semen in common after an elective procedure like vasectomy.
Your opinion is greatly appreciated.