Hemhroids & erectile dysfunction
Hi, I am 32 yr old male otherwise healthy I am wondering if prolonged case of  hemorrhoids can have an effect on my ability to get an erection? Or can cause the erection to be weak & otherwise not of good quality to perform sex. I have read that there is a new study that highlights that hemorrhoids can have an effect because it does not allow the pc muscle to contract tight enough. Due to pain. What are your thoughts?

Have you received treatment for the hemorrhoids? Do you have internal or external hemorrhoids?
Internal hemorrhoids are usually painless and manifest their presence by bleeding during passage of stool.
External hemorrhoids are masses that can protrude from the anus and bleed occasionally.

If you have had long-standing hemorrhoids, you will need to rule out the possibility that an older infection could have caused alterations in blood supply to the reproductive organs.

Men with hemorrhoids can develop conditions called the levator ani syndrome or proctalgia fugax.

Either condition can cause alterations in the function of the perineal muscles.

Do explore your options of having the hemorrhoids treated at the earliest as untreated hemorrhoids predispose to the development of cancer.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
Yes, I have seen a doc for my hemorrhoids which I have had for over 1.5 years.My Doc  said that I needed to eat more fiber which I have done by taking metamucil  . When I first saw the MD I had external hemorrhoids & even a small fissure . Now they are not so severe . But they do still bleed & are always itchy & uncomfortable ..My doc  never told me that I could develop problems that would prevent me from getting an errection..What can I do?