High Ascorbic Acid in Urinalysis
Hi, my question is every time I have a urinalysis dip at my GP office my Ascorbic Acid in the urine is high 10mg/dl, I never take Vitamin C supplement or drink any kind of juices, I do have a little irritation/burning  after urination, ( not during ) all other tests are normal in the urine and blood. My Physician does not seem to be worried. Any thoughts?
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Ascorbic acid may be obtained from other sources such as from your diet or multivitamins. This is water soluble and can be observed in the urine. However, ascorbic acid at higher concentration in urine samples can lead to false negative results in a number of urine tests and it is recommended that you have urinalysis done in a complete detail such as in a laboratory. Take care and regards.
Hi Dr Santos,
Other symptoms, burning and uncomfortable sensation a day after ejaculation that last about 2 to 4 days, i had a urinalysis done with 48 hours culture, with all normal results, only says mucus present, cystoscopy done 6 months ago with normal results, I should mention that on 3 different occasions past 2 years my semen analysis results showed PH 8.5 ( normal range 7.0 to 8.0 ), I keep reading online that it could be an infection and that all these symptoms are from the pH and ascorbic acid.