This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.
• Normal urine is clear and pale yellow. Colored or cloudy urine is indicative of some abnormality
2) Odor - Aromatic
• Foul smelling urine can be due to infection or other pathology
3) Transparancy - Turbid
• The appearance of cloudy urine may be an indication of the presence of pus, RBC, etc
4) pH - 6.0
5) Reaction - Acidic
• Urine is normally acidic and average pH is 6
6) Sugar - Negative
7) Albumin - +1
• Presence of protein in urine is indicative of impaired kidney function or urinary tract infection. Other causes (usually increased values) can be abdominal tumors, poisoning or cardiac disease
8)Gravity - 1.015
• Normal value is 1.010 to 1.030. It depends upon the concentration of various solutes in the urine.
9) Epithelial - Many
• Can be seen during infection
10) Mucous Threads - Moderate
11) WBC - 20-25 / hpf
• Presence of White cells(WBC) indicate urinary tract infection. WBC casts are found in various types of nephritis
12) RBC - 0-2 / hpf
• Occasionally found in normal persons; could be due to exercise, trauma, bleeding or other more serious pathology
13) Bacteria - Moderate
• Due to infection
Urine analysis is indicative of a urinary tract infection. However, it is not possible to make a diagnosis on the basis of lab examination only. You should consult your doctor with your results for a complete evaluation and further treatment.
Take care and do write in if you need more information.
hi i'm a nursing student, we will have this case conference tomorrow,
i really need to interpret the labratory results of his urinalysis..
this is his result.
Color: slightly yellow
transparency: slightly cloudy
Pus cells: 20-25/hpf,
RBC= 2-3 hpf
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.