Urology Community
"High amount" of sugar in urine (not diabetic)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I went to the ER almost 3 months ago for pain on my right side. The pain was very sharp for a week and got to the point where I couldn't move without it killing me. Went to the ER and they said it wasn't a kidney infection and did a vag ultrasound with no findings. The sharp pain disappeared a week later. Almost 3 months later there is still a dull ache there at all times. I went to the doctor for the findings of an enlarged gallbladder and vertigo. (I went to a different ER due to all the dizziness a week prior to the doc. While there, I mentioned my side was sore but the pain seems to have spread to higher up. They did an ultrasound focusing on my liver where they found my enlarged gallbladder.) Still negative for a kidney infection but the doc was shocked by how high the sugar in urine was at the first ER. (Nobody told me at the ER.) She did an A1C test and said I'm not diabetic and seemed confused why it would be so high. That's all the info I got with no further testing asked for.  Also, she didn't see the test results for my second ER trip because it was out of their network. She was suppose to send for it but I found out later that she never did.) I've read about Renal Glycosuria. What exactly is the issue with that and what am I looking at in the long term? I don't understand what all this means.
You need a real doctor, not an ER doctor to diagnose you.  Get copies of the tests tthat have been done so they don't have to redo those particular tests.  
I went to my regular doctor. She's the one who informed me that there was a high amount of sugar. The ER didn't mention it. She requested the A1C test and it came back normal. I'm looking into a new doctor to give me more answers since mine left me hanging once again. She's been my doc since I was 12 and I'm 28. It just seems to stay on my mind while I find a new one. Of course, I don't like not knowing why and hate waiting. I don't understand it.