Holding urine too long
I am a 23 year old female.  I have a habit to hold my urine for a long period of time (mainly at work because I dont like to  break from a task before finishing).  I do this al most everyday for months now.  I have noticed that if and when I hold my urine for too long, I'll get these extremely painful cramps that make me curl up.  

When I do finally go, the urine freely flows.  I get the urge to urinate rather frequently (at least once every two hours).  

One time of holding for such a long period, it took a moment for the urine to actually flow.

Is this damaging?  Am I setting myself up for more problems or risks?
Please Help!

I'm not a dr. but I know that the longer you hold your urine the higher risk you are for UTI's to develope because urine held for long periods of time gives bacteria a nice place to thrive.Do you drink alot of fluids during the day?If so maybe try cutting back a little,but not to the point of dehydration of course.
That can cause kidney problems/infections. You can also have incontinence problems when you are older.  You should got when you need to with out holding.
I  have a job with limited time, but i am a person who doesnt need to drink much and so i dont need to use the bathroom too often. i dont stop myself from drinking, i just dont feel the need to.

but as you all have probably experienced, when you go out with friends and have a few beers, you need to use the bathroom more often,that is  the time i usually hold it for a long time, i guess this happens max. ONCE A WEEK. every now and then anyone can get extremely desperate on the way home after a night out drininkg. can that be harmfulI?? if its not somethin being done every day?

I can understand the bacteria problem, but that would be something that could, if needed, be cured. Unless very unlucky.

but why can it damage your body/kidney etc.. ? Doesn't the human body have a protective "reaction" or something, that would force him to empty the bladder/relax muscles before it becomes a danger?

thanks!
Needing to urinate every 2 hours is unusual.  I'm alarmed at the statement that you are having difficulty voiding.   It is important to speak to a urologist and make sure this is not a sign of a serious problem.    Check out  https://www.cornellurology.com/clinical-conditions/female-urology-urogynecology/female-voiding-dysfunction/

for some background.   Good luck and for what its worth I know how difficult it is to break off an interesting project.