Urology Community
Horrible Sharp shooting pains in my vagina, is it UTI?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hi there..
I am a 24 year old girl who over the past week i have been getting, on and off, horrible sharp shooting pains through my vagina.  they seem to be shooting UP.  It sort of feels like a urinary tract infection but i have never had shooting pains before?
I have only ever had one sexual partner and i am now married to him and my husband doesnt have a wild sexual history so i am at a loss as to what it is?
Is it something to be worried about?? At the moment i have made an appointment at the docs because the pain is horrible!!!
Please help to ease my mind..

I have similar pains! Im 30, and this only started 2 days ago but the pain is really bad. The sharp pains happen every 5-10 mins and are so strong they leave me a bit breathless. What is it??? It the right side of my vagina and quite hard to describe. I dont seem to have any other symptoms so i am totally confused as to what this is. I have made a doctors appointment for tomorrow but I am reluctant to go as its a man and I get quite shy. I expect he will want to examine me and the thought stresses me out. I have been on many websites over the last two days and whenever i see someone describing my exact symptoms  there is never an answer to the problem! very frustrating and if i get an answer i will come back and post again.
I have had this on and off over the years, like a sword up the orifice?
It never proved to be anything serious for me and went away as quickly as it came. Could be referred pain from a problem elsewhere? Glad you are goiing to the doc, let me know what it is would you I am curious.

lotsa luv
Whittersx
the pain went away during the night!! feel so much better but my husband insisted i still go to my doc appointment so i have been to the doc this morning who was about as useful as a paper bag in a storm! He asked me questions fair enough but he had this air about him that implied he couldnt care less. when i asked him if he had heard of such a thing he just said 'people get all sorts of strange pains'. So helpful! He asked for a urine sample and said if that comes back negative then i should just forget about it.
Have you ever had any diagnosis?