Horrible Sharp shooting pains in my vagina, is it UTI?
Hi there..
I am a 24 year old girl who over the past week i have been getting, on and off, horrible sharp shooting pains through my vagina.  they seem to be shooting UP.  It sort of feels like a urinary tract infection but i have never had shooting pains before?
I have only ever had one sexual partner and i am now married to him and my husband doesnt have a wild sexual history so i am at a loss as to what it is?
Is it something to be worried about?? At the moment i have made an appointment at the docs because the pain is horrible!!!
Please help to ease my mind..

I have similar pains! Im 30, and this only started 2 days ago but the pain is really bad. The sharp pains happen every 5-10 mins and are so strong they leave me a bit breathless. What is it??? It the right side of my vagina and quite hard to describe. I dont seem to have any other symptoms so i am totally confused as to what this is. I have made a doctors appointment for tomorrow but I am reluctant to go as its a man and I get quite shy. I expect he will want to examine me and the thought stresses me out. I have been on many websites over the last two days and whenever i see someone describing my exact symptoms  there is never an answer to the problem! very frustrating and if i get an answer i will come back and post again.
I have had this on and off over the years, like a sword up the orifice?
It never proved to be anything serious for me and went away as quickly as it came. Could be referred pain from a problem elsewhere? Glad you are goiing to the doc, let me know what it is would you I am curious.

lotsa luv
Whittersx
the pain went away during the night!! feel so much better but my husband insisted i still go to my doc appointment so i have been to the doc this morning who was about as useful as a paper bag in a storm! He asked me questions fair enough but he had this air about him that implied he couldnt care less. when i asked him if he had heard of such a thing he just said 'people get all sorts of strange pains'. So helpful! He asked for a urine sample and said if that comes back negative then i should just forget about it.
Have you ever had any diagnosis?