How Long Does Epididymitis Take To Go Away?
I got diagnosed with epididymitis a week ago and the pain has just now began to leave. Is this common and how long does it normally take for the pain to go completely away along with the swelling? My scrotum hasn't swollen and i've had a ultrasound, blood test, and urine sample and all came back negitive for cancer or a tumor. I'm really frightened about it and hope that this is just epididymitis. Also, the epididymitis came after working out and I also have pain in my tighs, is it possible that i pulled my groin and also have epididymitis?

I used to come down with this about every 3 to 4 months requiring a hospital admission.
Some of the pain would radiate down into my legs. It usually would take me about a month or so to get over it.

I've had it too and I was on antibiotics for months before it resolved.  I think the antibiotics caused worse problems because I haven't felt the same since so I would go easy on them, especially cipro.  I got it again a few months ago and it still hasn't completely resolved but I'm not taking any antibiotics right now because I'm worried about their side effects.  For me, wearing briefs rather than boxers gives some support and really helps it heal I think.  Also taking warm baths seems to help.

I have had this numerous times and I must say that warm, hot water give comfort but ice packs are better for this condition.

I used to get it about every 3 to 4 months requiring a hospitalization for about a week.

After my wife and I had our 4 children we decided on a vasectomy to see if it would stop the infections of the testicles. I had a complication with it and ended up loosing the left testicle. I have not had any other bouts of epididimitis or orchitis since 2000.

I hoe that you will be able to get this under control. I know the pain it causes.

All the best.

Ron
Ive had epidimitis for bout 2 weeks now and my right testicle still won't go down now I'm taking cipro 750 and taking ibuprofen should I be more patient??
Go easy on the cipro, i was given this a few weeks ago for epi. took it for 5 days then i could'nt walk for a week as all my lower tendons seized up. now been on a different antibiotic and naproxin for 2 weeks but testicle and groin seem to be no better ive got no swelling but very tender area on the left testicle and lots of pain right in the groin near testicles. does this sound familiar to anyone. ive  had this on and off now for 6 months and getting fed up with it as its taking over my life.
I started having pain on the right side of my testicle nerve (epi) and then i took antibiotics and it went to the left side also. Now i have it on both sides and antibiotics dnt calm much the pain i always feel a dull and uncomfortable pain and *****. Ive had this for about 4 months or more and masturbate about 1 a week now
I've taken Batrum for about 5 days so far and the swelling went down alot but the right side is still hard and larger that the left. I still have to walk around holding up my scrotum. It's still better than 3 days ago. I could hardly walk then. Got it by running with boxers. I forgot to put on briefs for a 1/4 mile run (1m30s). hope this helps
Any signs of getting better yet ? I have the same symptoms
I started feeling pain in testicles two weeks back. As I dont rely on doctors anymore. I made a search on internet, matched the symtoms and it turned out i had the epididmytis. I took doxycyline for a week and pain began to go away but then masturabted and pain came back and this time it was worse. Then i took cipro for 10 days. 80% pain went away and now im taking doxycyline. The thing is usually people mess up the treatment by masturabating or something like that. In order to completely get rid of this problem one has to wait till u are complety sure about it. Thats why I suggest you to do be in a hurry. Be patient and take antibiotics. GOOD LUCK
Thanks kyle.. i had a mild pain in the left testicle for more than a week . went to the doc and  diagonised epididymitis and started on Cipro 500 mg from thursday, its 4 days now. and pain transferred from left to right.. left is better now. using ice bags as you suggested and its helping..does doxycycline help better than Cipro?
My doctor diagnosed me with a groin strain at first, but the pain was so bad I was going to go to hospital, I then was diagnosed with epididymitis  and been on cipro 500 mg for 1 week. In day two of cipro, hoping this helps. Working in pain everyday. I have office job, but it hurts no matter what I do. Laying down with ice pack seems to provide the most relief. Any other suggestions? Oh and I was given Tramadol for pain as well. Anyone experience radiating pain from this or localized? Thanks God  bless

Chris
For any newcomers to this website, I had a case of orchitis / epididymitis and went to a quack who put me on the wrong antibiotics (he didn't even bother with a culture the first round), and then several months of Cipro and then Sulfas.

The antibiotics were not making a serious difference until I started giving myself prostate massages, followed by sitz baths (or sitting in a hot bath with your legs lifted out--this draws the blood to your groin). The reason for this is simple. The prostate is encased in a barrier that usually keeps infections out; but once infected, blood flow is limited and antibiotics don't penetrate well. Prostate massages + a hot sitz bath will increase perfusion of the prostate, drawing blood (with antibiotics) into the prostate. This is the only thing that worked for me.

I do massages once or twice a week, as well as hot baths, and so far so good (it's been almost a year).

Lastly, if your infection responds to Cipro it most likely responds to Sulfas. TAKE SULFAS, OR ANY ANTIBIOTIC, OVER CIPRO, due to the likelihood of tendon rupture. Most doctors are lazy and uninformed and will probably prescribe Cipro when something safer works, too.

And if you're urologist says that prostate massages + hot baths won't help, find a new doctor because he doesn't know his physiology and he's taking you for a ride.
I have had eppiditimitis for 45 day now. It started in my right testicle, I was on cipro for 10 days 500mg 2 daily. It then came back to my left testicle 4 days after I was done the meds. I was then put on cipro for 14 days same dose and it did nothing. I was then put on 1000 mg 2 daily of cipro, made it to day 6, my face, scalp and palms of hands broke out with painful lumps that ruptured. I've seen 4 different doctors been to emergency once and have had a ultrasound done. The doctors have yet to determine why this was caused. I am now on doxi and septra ds. I have yet to see relief, I feel like I'm about to lose my ****. Any ideas?  What's worked you you guys?
hey guys i've had most the symptoms u have been pointing out, and im likely to have epididymitis, doxycycline and anti inflamation pills have been helping so far for me, i agree that it takes time and u have to be patient.
My biggest question and worry is i dont have kids yet, am i still going to have children? please answer this for me,  im 29 years old
I am having this problem it is subsiding now but I have weaker erection; you have reassured me with the reduced bloodflow, hope it goes soon so I can be back to normal.  I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. thanks
Hi all, ive been experiencing some mild pain in my right testicle. it also hangs a little lower than my left testicle. its also swollen. I went to the doctor and he put me on a course of antibiotics for 5 days. ive seen no improvement so I went back and he gave me another course. I have two days left to finish my second course and I still don't really see an improvement. Im starting to get a bit worried. im not sure if its epididymitis or a hydrocele. Could anyone please advise me as to what this is.
ive had it for almost six months idk y its not going away but i get pains in my legs kidneys and left testical
Hi I have a urinary tract infection and,This morning I woke up and I saw that both of my testicles were swollen, I was scared so I called my doctor he said that it was because, I have a urinary tract infection I hope the swollen goes away. :(
I've had it since january. I took some antibiotics for 10 days and the pain went away but there has still been swelling ever since. There are days where it is good and the swelling seems down and other days there's a little bit of pain but it goes away and than there are days where it's swollen. I'm 38 years old and married and never ever cheated on my wife. I looked online and there were people saying it can take months to clear up. Should I go back to get it checked?
I started having issues in January as well.  It has been six months and I still have symptoms from the epididymitis.  It took four months just for the doctor to diagnose it.  He thought it was an inguinal hernia.  I had to endure a CT and ultrasound before I was properly diagnosed.  I was placed on doxycycline for four weeks, and although the pain receded, the inflammation remained.  Discomfort returned almost immediately after the drugs had run their course.  The doctor then put my on Cipro for another four weeks.  I just ended my regimen and the pain is starting to creep back again.  The swelling never went away.  I sincerely hope the inflammation dissipates soon, because as others have stated, it is affecting my work and home life.  
I have had bouts of epidydimitis on and off for almost 20 years never fully going away.Never understanding why it was happening. There is always a constant sensation of either a squeezing pressure on my testicle or a dull ache in my lower abdoman like someone hit me in the nads. the first time I had it was the worst,I was initially mis -diagnosed as having irritable bowel syndrome because of the abdominal pain. I had a fever and nausea pretty bad along with left testicle pain and lower abdominal pain which went straight thru to my back  My Doctor finally took me out of work and put me on cipro. That was the one and only time antibiotics worked for me. I was kept out of work for 2 months.I work in a food warehouse and I do heavy lifting all day long. Blood work,sonograms, urine  tests have all been negative over the years.This condition has also affected my work and personal life. I have researched this condition as much as I can and have come to the conclusion that what I do for a living may be the problem. Heavy lifting causes chemical epidydimitis, a back flow of urine into the system caused by straining. I believe my last flair-up came about after I tried to do crunches in the gym. I would feel better and try to get back into shape and the symptoms would return. I'm my own worst enemy. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. I am faithful to my wife and do not have a std as numerous blood tests have confirmed this.I have yet to come across any information on how to stop these flair-ups except a suggestion that if I were to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles it could help.(but wouldn't that consist of more straining) anyway that is my take on this chronic annoying condition. I hope this helps a little and can't wait till they come out with a permanent cure. GLTA
got it diagnosed 5 days ago. im on some antibiotic's and stuff...gonna be reporting on my condition.

im 19
the swelling is almost completely gone, i do feel better. so my story ain't as grimy or scary as the other ones...a good urologist and bed rest goes a long way.

hope you get better soon
On Sept/4 or around that date I started to feel something weird near my left and bigger testicle. Like if using a boxer shorts you pull it up too fast and hit your testicles with the waist elastic, something like that, but didn't remember getting hit or anything.

The testicle wasn't more tender and I didn't felt any lumps, there was however a tender point in a mass behind the testicle that was difficult to spot accurately because it moved all around the place, but I asked Dr. Google and I got a epididymitis diagnosis by some of the symptoms, but not all of them.

Expecting it would get away on its own, I did nothing, and started to think it was something else, a small hit, bad sleep position, an hernia or so.

Days passed and it got a bit worse, not painful, but uncomfortable. On Sept/9 I decided to go to the emergency room, I told the emergency doctor all the symptoms, he examined me and asked for urine tests and a ultrasound. He was suspecting epididymits at this point.

Urine tests came fine, but the ultrasound detected an increase of the volume or mass of the body of the epididymis, so that was the official diagnosis. Both testicles were fine besides that. The ER doctor asked an urologist for confirmation, then this specialist confirmed it and sent me home with cipro, metamizole magnesium and dexketoprofen. (antibiotics, painkiller and anti inflammatory?).

As of today Sept/11 the symptoms persist two days later, and I feel like the left of my groin and leg has fever, it feels heavy and hot all around that area.

I can perfectly pretend to have a normal life and go to work and so on, but the uncomfortable sensation is there all the time, sometimes I forgot about it and then it gets warm or I feel tiredness in the leg or like a mini apendicitis on the lower left abdomen.

I will continue posting updates.
you can't go to work you need bed rest a lot of it
UPDATE: On Sep/14 I took the last pills of the metamizole magnesium and dexketoprofen, and on Sep/16 the last of the cipro.

I was able to go to work, drive, and walk around from Sep/16 onwards.  There is like a residual uncomfortable sensation on the left side of the groin, but seems that every day is a little less. Sometimes I even forgot that I went through all of this, and I feel like any other day.

I asked the urologist about the pain, because on Sep/15 it was still there, he told me to way some days and take a second ultrasound if the pain persisted, but looks like it went away.

Now, my worry is the residual pain/sensation, because it hasn't gone, and I'm afraid it might come back, because I usually read that the recommended dosage for cipro is 10-14 days of 2x500mg and I was given only 7, so I'll wait a bit and let you guys updated.
got it diagnosed on August 30, on September 18 my doctor told me that i can continue with all of my physical activities. im not cured completely there is still a little bit swelling left, the doctor told me that there will always be some tissue scaring, so it may never go away.
but the pain, stiffness and the weird feeling are completely gone
UPDATE: Well, on Sep/19 thinks got ugly again, I got some extra Cipro for 7 days 2x500mg, it seems like the symptoms returned. On Sep/20, I felt just like the day when I went to the ER at the hospital. I might do the ultrasound in a couple of days.

I forgot to include some stats, I'm 32, not sexually active for about 3 years now, which discards STDs, urologist thinks this might be a case of chemical epididymitis, that is, a reflux of urine going in the wrong direction due to extended sitting or effort (I was getting into weights some weeks ago).

I'm about to cancel a lengthy business trip in less than a month due to this situation.
UPDATE3: Sep/24 [about 20 days so far], symptoms persists, even worse as that day at 2am I woke up sweating because of the sleeping position and the pressure on the testicle, I just moved around a bit and I was comfortable enough to keep sleeping.

Went to the urologist again in the afternoon, this time he prescribed:

* 5 injections of ceftriaxone 1g, one a day
* 3 injections of ketorolac tromethamine 60mg, one a day
* 7 pills of doxycycline 200mg, one a day

Stopped taking cipro (3 days remaining).

Got a shot on each buttock on Sep/24 early night and my legs felt as if I walked all day uphill, very weird, it was uncomfortable to even drive back home.
UPDATE4: Sep/29 [25 days], symptoms diminished through the second course of antibiotics, still have to take two pills of doxycycline 200mg this day and the next.

Sep/27 and Sep/28 were very comfortable, about 80% of the day without symptoms, but usually at night I feel my testicle a bit warmer than usual, and seems like the inflammation be going away, previously there was a mass behind the testicle, now I don't feel or see it.

Still worried that after finishing this second course of medicines, the pain will come again as the last time.
Hi, thanks for you're comments, have just found this site after starting suffering from this a while ago. Thought I was clearing up until this morning when it returned with a vengeance. Its good to know I have other people to discuss this with. Just off back to docs after Dioxicycline antibiotics don't seem to have worked. Also does anyone take any other pain killers other than Tramadol or ibuprofen which work? Hope to find out more about this from fellow sufferers when I return after my latest visit to Docs!
UPDATE5: Oct/01 [27 days], Sep/29 and Sep/30 were also very comfortable, I almost forgot that I did had this issue.

However, a bit worried as sadly as expected Oct/01 is my first day without antibiotics and I feel a bit of pain on the area. I hope is just a farewell symptom, but is there nonetheless.

To jadam35, I used ketorolac tromethamine as an anti-inflammatory, supposedly it somewhat helps with the pain.  I'm using the generic/chemical names, because I'm not in the US at the moment, so the trade/brand name might be different. However, pain was always there.

And also, side effects of the medications, well, I have been confined to my room to be near the bathroom, sometimes without warning I just have to go and quick.  I was permitted to telecommute while getting better, thankfully.
UPDATE6: Oct/03 [29 days], almost a month since symptoms started, still having an uncomfortable sensation, not painful all the time, but a warm annoying feeling all the time radiating from the left testicle to the rest of the groin, lower abdomen and leg.

So, antibiotics didn't work for me, I feel a bit better for about 4 days, but it might have been the anti-inflammatory instead.  

I'll take a control ultrasound soon, because I wasn't able to do last week due to the antibiotics wrecking up my digestive system.

So, as for the original question of this forum, how long does it take to go away, in my case, one month and still with issues.  Very depressed.

I canceled a business trip that was on Oct/17 just because I feel it would compromise my professional life in other latitudes, and upcoming vacations on December might have to be canceled too, as I was going to walk a lot.
I had epididymitis symptoms 15 Aug   got diagnosed 20 Aug was given by the doctor Cipro  for 10 days with anti inflammation medicines & another 10 days of Cipro during the follow up. It seems there is a loss of sensation & libido on my part. I went to a Urologist gave me Cefixime 400 for 5 days & serodase which helps for clearing & healing the internal lesions...I havent masturbated since August. It seems my Sperm isnt getting replenished?  Is it normal?I should be getting wet dreams by now  for not relieving my self... I will be back with the Urologist in 2 days..

Read all your comments from beginning. Here is my story.

I was diagnosed for epididymitis during the 2nd week of April 2015. I went to an urologist. I was diagnosed with epididymitis and varicocele as well. Well the treatment was for epididymitis only, as the other may not cause pain to you. I was given Levoflaxicin 500 Mg and Arcoxia 120 Mg for 5 days. During the end of the course, I was not cured with pain. During the time, I was away from the country. Hence couldnt consult the urologist. So decided to go on with medication for another 5 days. During this time, I was almost comfortable. There was not much pain as before. But I was feeling a slight pain at the pelvis area. The pain didnt come back for almost 3 weeks.

After 3 weeks, the pain started back. I went to the same urologist. Did an ultrasound again. The ultrasound said there is a slight inflamation and traces of infection. But Urine Culture is normal. Hence doctor decided to give amoxicillin for 10 days. During the course of medication, i was little but ok. But not complete. But once the medication is over, I started to get pain again.

This time the doctor prescribed Amitriptline 25 Mg for 10 days. During the course of medicine i was completely ok, with no pain. But just a slight discomfort during the end of day. Other than that everything was ok. And this medicine makes you more drowsy. Makes you feel sleepy during the day, even when u have it the night before.

Again, after 10 days of medicine the pain is back. This time, the pain was back after a week. Now the doctor asked to take the medicine for 30 days. Afraid of the drowsiness, i concerned to take it.

I went to another urologist, where he said to stop all antibiotics and prescribed with Neurontin. Not much help.

At last, i went to my home country and checked with a couple of urologists again. They said the pain is because of varicocele and asked me to go for surgery.

I had my bilateral varicocele surgery in July 2015. I was said the pain will be almost gone in  max 2 months. For this duration, i was having on and off pain. The testicles were tender. But the pain comes only when i touch or the legs touch when i walk fast. Hence i was wearing a tight underwear and waking slowly.

Now its 3 months. My testicles are still tender on both sides. I checked with another GP here a week before. He said the pain could be bcoz of post operative trauma. And he felt there is a slight inflammation.

This GP is now trying to give a natural way of healing. He asked to take natural anti-inflammatory medicine which doesnt have any side effect. The medicine is Ayurveda and contains curcumin and shallaki which is a natural inflammatory. This medicine is not like the western medicine which will give immediate cure. You need to wait for a longer time. But I am still ongoing. Not sure if this will give a good result.

Apart from that, he asked to take a PEMF Therapy. Which he said is also a natural way of therapy. Its like a magnet is placed near your testicles with pulsed waves passed through it. He said this treatment will heal the pain in 5 sessions. Per session is around 15 Mins. I am afraid to do this, as I am concerned if this could effect the sperm parameters and will affect fertility. So i am still thinking to do it.

Praying God every day to heal my pain ASAP.

May God Heal all of us soon.
UPDATE7: Thanks for your story Kartsai.  Looks very similar to what I'm facing but I haven't gone for surgery yet, still trying to avoid it.

Oct/09 [35 days, and a month since ER visit], pain is considerably less than at the beginning but still there, it increases at night, perhaps after sitting all day? I work in an office setting.  

After sleeping a full night, I get better when waking up and most of the morning, approaching mid day I start to notice the discomfort, and then it appears intermittently during the afternoon and evening until I go to sleep.

I'm hesitant to taking any more medicines, particularly antibiotics, I don't think my epididymitis is from bacterial or virus origin, but I will follow up with my urologist after taking the control ultrasound, which I keep forgetting to get an appointment for (This might mean I'm feeling better, as I don't care that much?).

I might try with anti-inflammatories again as they are less aggressive (I'm still having digestive issues, more than a week after stopping using ceftriaxone and doxycicline).

I also wake up every day thinking "I don't feel any pain, I'm cured!", and I thank the heavens for it, but then my symptoms reappear intermittently and I curse the abyss. :)

Thanks a lot for all the support and shared stories so far, these communities are very important, and I'm chronicling my odyssey so that it might help other people all around the world to have a reference model or comparison point.

My urologist had said twice that the treatment will definitely work, and that hasn't been the case, but I'm still waiting for nature to also lend a hand and clear this thing up. Let's wait and I'll keep sharing how it goes.

BTW, I started writing this uncomfortably and as of this sentence, I don't feel the pain.  Is just how it is behaving at the moment.
UPDATE8: Oct/13 [39 days], I got the ultrasound, the radiologist didn't found anything unusual, he says that not even the scarring or signs of a previous epididymitis! This doctor did a more thorough exam than the previous one, and checked for the vein and artery, both with good flow and for hernia nearby.  Nothing found!

Well those are fantastic news, and I'm happy that everything looks fine, but still worried about the pain and discomfort.  

I just sent the exam results to the urologist, waiting for his reply.

Could this be something completely unrelated? A muscle or tendon issue?

I'm writing this with a bit of discomfort, but somewhat relieved.
UPDATE9: Oct/17 [43 days, done?], by the radiologist and urologist opinion, I am already cured of the epididymitis, however there is a mild discomfort above the left testicle and like below and behind of the base of the penis on the left side, but there isn't nothing there according to the doctors.
The discomfort seems to be decreasing day by day, still not sure if something is still wrong or is just the after effects (scarring, over sensitive nerve, ...?).
UPDATE10: Oct/23 [50 days, end] looks like 50 (or less) might be the magic number, I can spend most of the day without ever thinking about the epididymitis I had.

Sometimes there is a discomfort in the area, but every day noticeable less.

So guys, so far, seems like 6-7 weeks is how long it takes to go away to a comfortable level with some reminding episodes from time to time.

If anything else happens, I will update again, but I hope not anymore, I'll try to remember to post an update in a month or so.
I am suffering through many of the same symptoms and experiences.  I'm on week 7 (6 with meds).  I waited a week to get it checked out.  Urgent Care put me on Cipro for a 10 days and said it would knock it right out.  The pain continued to wax and wane but it definitely did not knock it out.  Went to the Urologist on day 20 and had been feeling better on the days leading to the appointment.  He kept me on the Cipro since he said it seemed to be working.  He too was confident it would be knocked right out after another round - maybe two if needed.  Two days later I was about at 100%.  I felt great for two or three days and then it was back with vegance.  It has stuck around.  Many of the initial symptoms have subsided including the inflammation for the most part.  But the acute pain, discomfort, sensitivity is still there.  It feels worse at times but almost always noticeable.  On day 40 I went back to the Urologist.  He told me that Cipro would not have been his first choice but kept me on it because this is what UC prescribed initially and it seemed to be working at the time.   He changed my antibiotic to Doxycycline.  This was a week ago on day 40.  This does seem to be doing better but I'm still with plenty of pain and discomfort most of the time.  
What I really feel like at this point, is that the infection is mostly or completely gone and I am dealing with the damage.  My biggest worry is that I have a sag in the scrotum below my testicle (presumably pus from the infection).  From what I research it is only resolved through a minor operation to let it drain.  This sounds horrible indeed, but if it is the answer then knock me out and have at it. What is frustrating is that when I mentioned this to my urologist (even photoshopped him a pretty little diagram because the sag is only present when my testicles are not nice and snug against my body), he said that did not mean anything to him.  Didn't say much about it.  He was just feeling like the Doxycycline was going to knock it out.  Maybe he is right that it could.  I will say that it seems to be sagging a bit less.  And maybe the pain and discomfort I feel is my body trying to get rid of the rest of this infection.  It just feels to me like it is not infection at this point.  I guess I'm wondering if anyone else is dealing with a dangling scrotum issue.  Don't hear much talk about it in these forums.  And to be clear, this is not my testicle inflamed and sagging.  Dealt with plenty of that like the rest of you.  This is a little sag beneath it.  Anyhow, a few more questions, I haven't masterbated in weeks.  Not so easy, especially now that I'm feeling a bit better.  But not terribly difficult when I remind myself I can make this horrendous situation worse.  Perhaps the handful of times I did when I thought it was gone is what brought it back.  My only concern is, am I putting myself at risk by not?  Does my recovering testicle need to release sperm?  I also read that it will help get rid of the infection.  Read plenty more that it is detrimental to the recovery.  That makes more sense though I can't imagine it would make too much of a difference.  I just started bathing the last few days and it has helped with the pain.  Not so worried about that or I would have started sooner.  Really just hoping it aids in the recovery.  My urologist was not convinced that it would and most everything I read says "helps with the pain" but not "helps with the recovery".  It seemed li it might be though. I'll try massaging my pancreas too as someone suggested here.  I will also try to update my recovery.  Thank you everyone for sharing

I hear you man . Its a chronic epididymitis. Just follow up with your urologist.  get plenty of bed rest dont go out unless absolutely necessary. if there is an abcess the Urologist will find it or if it makes you better you can get a send opinion form another doctor.
I myself had an acute epididymitis last Aug. The pain & infection is gone. But what troubles me is the loss of libido.Its been 2 mos since.
My libido is fine, and I had the same theory about masturbation, I think it might help, but just to be sure, don't drink too much, as it seems the valves or whatever that open with the semen, might kept open and put urine in the epididymis and rebound back the infection.  That seems like a common cause for this disease.

Sometimes I feel a little bit of pain/discomfort, such as today, that's why I'm writing again, as in the morning I felt a bit weird again after many days without symptoms.
How are you feeling right now? It feels like you have successfully battled the infection although you you said did have some reminders from time to time.

Most of my symptoms kinda align with yours. Mine isn't a bacteria related problem either. I was on cipro for three weeks and then i got a second ultrasound which said that the infection had gone away completely (the first ultrasound showed an enlargement of the epididymis..this was before i started taking cipro) so i was elated after hearing this. But after doing really well for a week without meds, the pain came back and the doctor has put me on doxycycline (I asked him about ceftriaxone and he said that medication is prescribed only for chlamydia and gonorrhoea) for ten days. At this point my only worry is the pain coming back after i run out of these medications. I am currently on 32nd day so looks like it might still take some time for me to recover. As i am sure everyone knows, an incredible amount of patience is required to get through this.

Any inputs on this from your side is greatly appreciated.
theory about masturbation?   i think it should be better not to urinate after ejaculation or ejaculate after urination the fluids  mixed up.
Exactly, urine could get more easily into the prostate and epididymis if urinating shortly after ejaculation.

But somehow, ejaculating continuously seems like it might help with an obstruction somewhere, if it were as physically simple as a hose or tube. :)
I now feel a little better Zinc & folic acid supplements have held with my low libido...
I will try to take more sperm booster foods & take enough sleep
[Day 50] Wanted to update that my pain and discomfort has continued to improve over the last several days to the point that I am almost (if not completely) pain free.  It definately feels like the infection has been fought and defeated but I guess we will wait and see.  

That said, I still have plenty to deal with and feel like I am a ways away from a complete recovery.  Firstly, I still have this sag (pus?) from the bottom of my testicle that seems like it will need to be dealt with.  My left testicle  (one that was infected) is still larger than my right.  There seems to be an even larger hump on the backside of it - but maybe it is just more noticeable now that the inflammation  went down.  While I am generally pain free, I do still get subtle waves and there is plenty of sensitivity.  I tried to sit upright earlier today (out of somewhat necessity) and that was still very discomforting after about 20 mins.  

Maybe it just took this long for the infection to run its course, but for what it is worth, I made the switch from Cipro to Doxycycline 11 days ago (my urologist felt strongly it would do better).  I also went from:
- "trying to take it easy" but still driving plenty and doing light work as a photographer.
to
- getting off my feet completely, taking baths and icing daily, and avoiding caffeine and alchohol completely.

Not sure what if any made the difference but I am elated that the pain is pretty much gone.  I plan on being off my feet for at least another few weeks, maybe longer depending on my continued recovery and what else I learn.  I am very fortunate to be a freelance photographer and web designer.  I can still take web work with my computer on a board stretched across the arm of my recliner.  I'm sympathetic to those without these options.  Even when the inflammation was bad during the first month or so, with some creative positioning I could sit at a desk if needed (at least when the pain was otherwise generally tolerable). Starting about 3 weeks ago, and even now with the pain otherwise gone, it causes too much discomfort.

healing seems to take a long time. My infection cleared up 2 mos ago but i still feel slight pain  sometimes in my testicles if i walk. Might take months for it to completely resolve..
I feel there is generally a lack of counselling effort from doctors apart from just writing down a prescription and let us suffer. I did not get any advice apart from a piece of prescription and let me suffer through this till I research and found tips from many good people out there. I tried to list down as much as tips I found that helped me in getting comfort. I’m not a doctor so please note that these are just my opinions and consult with your doctor before you follow.
1. There is no switch to turn this off. It’s going to take 2 to 3 months to come out of this.
2. No Caffine (no Tea, no Coffee, no Starbucks refreshers) for the entire episode
3. No Alcohol
4. Sit on Warm water (Testicles and Perineum) for 15 minutes multiple times a day – Cold water may be used as warm water may reduce sperm count.
5. Take ibuprofen even if you don’t have severe pain (2*200mg twice a day). Just be easy with it if you think you getting kidney pain. This is important to reduce the inflammation not just the pain.
6. Wear tight underwear. Off course not too tight.
7. Wear socks while sleeping if the pain radiates to your ankle
8. Try taking bed rest as much as you can (fist few weeks). Avoid long walks, long drive (vibration of the car seat can increase the pain).
9. Take plenty of water
10. Take plenty of vegetables, fiber food. Avoid anything that can thicken your stool. Many times epididymitis is associated with prostatitis and decreased bowel movement can put pressure on your prostate.
11. Do not pee immediately after ejaculation. This can cause chemical epididymitis.
12. Ease on ejaculation, it can put strain on whole thing. But mixed opinion here as ejaculation can shed bacteria for a faster recovery. So maybe once in 5 days or so. But try just to limit to a quick one as putting more strain on prostate can cause more inflammation.
13. Elevate your hip above the heart while lying on bed. This can drain blood out from the prostate/testicles and then can help filling it with fresh blood with the antibiotic.
14. Do not put too much pressure on your perineum. I have not tried prostate massage but read that it can cause bacteria to reach blood causing more complication.
15. Have normal plain yogurt daily. I felt probiotic was adversely affecting my recovery. Not sure why.
16. Reduce sugar/sweet consumption. I stopped it completely to reduce my blood sugar. That is no soft drinks, no sugary smoothies. Few cents to fight against bacteria.

My god bless us to recover soon.
[Day 73] generally continued improvement but still battling.  I really wanted to update on my trials with masterbation in case anyone else might find it useful.

..guess that last statement would sound all to strange in a context other than this one, anyhow...

i had been battling epididymitis for two months.  It was acute and almost certainly bacteria related initially.  I masterbated very occasionally during initial weeks on better days and had no noticeable positive or negative effects. Had not mastrbated in a month and around day 60 decided to after a very good week of recovery. My experience was that it caused many of my symptoms to come back after they had been very minimal for almost a week.

This is just my experience.  Maybe my symptoms would have been back anyways to whatever extent and it was just the timing.  I had  read/heard both sides of the case which is why I made a decision to try.  I guess both because it may be helpful and to gauge my recovery.  And just generally anxious to feel recovered.  

The night following, hours later, was particularly bad.  And oddly enough, not so much in the testicle/epididymis, but throughout the lower abdomen.  It has been 5 days since and none have been very good.  This is disheartening considering the days leading up to that decision were particularly good.

It makes me wonder though, if the initial pain following the recent masterbation  (really more horrible nauseating discomfort) was in my abdomen then perhaps it was residual bacteria being released.  And even though I am still suffering more now as a result it will somehow accelerate my recovery.  

That said, I am still more convinced that the infection has run its course for the most part and I am recovering more (or completely) from the damage it did.  I, especially now, feel like I am prolonging the recovery of my epididymis by masterbating at all.  Following the first night afterwards, the symptoms have just as bad (or worse) in my testicle/epididymis.  I will not be masterbating until I am completely recovered unless someone can convince me otherwise from experience or research.  
Are you still on doxycycline? If not, when did you stop with your medication? Did your condition gradually improve even when you were off the medication before it went south again because of masturbation?

Even if we are collectively wrong about our theories with respect to masturbation, we can be sure on some level that the condition is not going to worsen if we don't indulge in it till it goes away completely.
Yes my condition did improve without meds, at least temporarily.  I don't know that I would attribute it to being off the meds though.  More likely, general recovery and/or just some good days in the cycle.  I finally had a good day yesterday after my downturn - that was possibly/probably due to the masterbation.  Today was ok but not as good.

I'm thinking I need another ultrasound and the sperm lab tests reccomended above to determine if I am still fighting an infection or not.  Urologist wrote me another script for doxycycline and a antiinflamatory last week.  Said it was up to me if I wanted to take them.  I appreciated him leaving the option up to me to a certain extent, but left feeling pretty on my own.  

I'm only holding off on another round because I'm trying to get in to see an infectious disease specialist and remembered reading that the meds can complicate the initial tests.  Figured I'd already been off for a few weeks anyways.  BUT I tried making an appt. today and was told by 2 offices I needed a referral from a doctor.  Now what?  Go beg my unambitious urologist?  Guess so.

Seems like the masterbation question would need to be addressed differently according to whether or not an infection is still being fought.  Or maybe it would.

Not sure what would be best in either situation.  But just thinking of a bunch of factors.  Releasing bacteria for better or worse, risking damaging recovering ball and epi, needing to possibly release pressure by releasing sperm???

But in the end, that night following was so bad, I'm probably going to lean towards laying off.  You all can keep me updated with your trials.

I have had the same problem for almost 8 yrs now 24/7, it never goes away. Doctors are no help and I've run out of money to pay for anymore tests just to hear more "I don't know" or "It's all in your head" I've tried hundreds of home remedies. The only 2 that seem to help are lots of water and very little sugar consumption. I also try to eliminate any foods made with flour as apparently it is some sort of inflammatory. I am eating large amounts of magnesium, blackberries, diet green tea (w/ no sugar, sweeteners, caffine or aspartame) fatty amino acid foods high in omega 3. Vedgies, mainly broccolli, tomatoes, onion and garlic. I try to work turmeric and cumin (spices) into everything as I have read these ate good anti-inflammatories but only if it is 100% so check the ingredients. I just started this last week no changes yet, although I never get any rest aside from when I go to bed at which point I fall asleep with an ice pack. I will say for sure my pain is at its worst when I am sitting. I just started this diet last week so it holds no merit atm. I'll check back in a month or so and let you know if this diet helps at hall
Is eating spices bad for the epididymitis? after 4 mos I still feel slight pain when i sit for a long time or lie sideways in bed.
I have have read repeatedly that it is bad.  I have tried to stay away.  
[Day 90] I tried to take others suggestions and see an Infectious Disease Specialist and/or do the more involved lab tests but I couldn't get in without a referral.  The one that I spoke with did not know what more he would be able to do.  My physician and urologist basically said the same thing.  Oh well, my condition does seem to be getting better ever so slowly.  Guess I will just be patient and get another ultrasound in a month - go from there.  

After being off meds for 3 weeks, back on another round of Doxvcycline & antiinflamator you.
Fmod, So did you take an ultrasound in those 90 days? If you did, what were the results? And also, when you say you do seem to be getting better slowly, how are you able to gauge that? Less discomfort/pain in general? If it is going away on its own without meds, why another round of doxy?

I think the general treatment the urologists provide are antibiotics and after that they're basically clueless. I've been battling this for around 37 days now. I took two ultrasounds (one before i took meds and one 3 weeks after cipro..The first ultrasound showed an enlargement in epididymis and the second ultrasound said the epididymis looks normal with good blood flow to testicles). After i ran out of cipro, the pain came back after a full week of recovery with very little pain..So the urologist prescribed me doxycycline for 10 days which ends tomorrow.

I just met him two days back and he said that if i have continued pain after i run out of doxycycline, he asked me to talk to primary care physician and see if he is able to diagnose it. Urologist told me that prolonged consumption of antibiotics can be harmful so he said he is not going to prescribe anymore. he said i dont need an ultrasound again because it isnt going to change. So i am just going to meet the primary care physician and see if something useful comes out of that appointment.

The urologist said that the ultrasound usually gives clues to determine if it is chronic epididymitis and that he didnt see it. Although he might be right, i do think this is epididymitis and not any other issue. But i guess i will wait and see.

If you dont know this already, wearing tight underwear does help a lot and it gives you some relief from the pain. So try that if you haven't already.

At this point, the only thing that frustrates me is not knowing whether this will go away over time or if it is going to be something that i have to endure all my life (although i might be a little dramatic, we have read comments by people with this issue for a long time)
Yea BK, I would agree that the urologists just throw antibiotics at this and are pretty much clueless otherwise.  I have fished around in some medical journals and there doesn't seem to be any better answers there.  So my frustrations at this point, much like you I'm sure, are not so much that my doctors aren't doing enough to try to find a fix.  Modern Medicine may simply not have one beyond antibiotics - other than maybe time and maybe surgery.  

My frustrations are that I feel they are not being ambitious enough in trying to determine if mine is still bacteria related or not.  And generally just hoping it will go away and leaving me wondering if there is anything else that can and should be done at this point.  I keep telling myself that maybe this is just protocol but it just seems like after 3 months I shouldn't be getting told by my urologist "while I'm not going to make another appointment for you.  You can make one if this doesn't clear up.  I'm writing you another script for the Doxycycline and the anti-inflamatory.  I'll leave it up to you if you want to take them."  

I have felt the whole time like this is alot more serious than they (Urgent Care, Radiologist, Urologist, nurses and now my own GP) wanted/want to acknowledge.  I'm not saying I won't heal in time.  I feel like I might and things do generally feel like they are getting better.  But what's the plan if it doesn't.  Every turn, when I ask the answer has been. "This is going to clear up in a few days" or "This round of meds is going to take care of this." or "This very rarely becomes chronic."  I appreciate the optimism, I really do, but I also want to be as proactive as possible.

I want to know the answers to these questions:
If the inflmation lasts longer than a month, how many of those cases remain chronic for years?

If severe pain and discomfort lasts longer than three months, how many of those cases last years before resolving themselves?  

Can a better determination (prsumably with another ultrasound if nothing else is available) if my case is one of still fighting bacteria or due to damaged/recovering tissue damage - or of unknown causes which seems to often be the case?

In which case, can the first two questions be refined and made more helpful by isoloating to cases that more accurately represent mine?

What are the additional treatment options for each case/consideration?

If surgery needs to be considered, what is the success rate of epidectamys for whatever my situation is?

What is the success rate for orchiectomys for whatever my situation is?

What are the other risks for both?

I can keep going but I will stop there.  I've looked for answers to these questions at nauseam and mostly get, even from acedemic/medical journals, something that starts like "this condition is not well understood" or "there is little documented research on this condition, treatments and success rates".  I am a web designer by trade and it is about struggle enough for me to start my own website/blog on the whole thing.  One that organizes all the topics and conversations better so that folks like us can make better progress and maybe accumulate some data of our own.  But then someone reminds me I am not  a doctor and I go hang out in my sitz bath and count by blessings.

Anyhow, that turned into a bit of a rant.  On the upside, yes, I am generally feeling better though it is so hard to guage becuase the spectrum of symptoms all wax and wane.  To answer one of your questions more specifically, yes I was off the Doxycycline and was still doing much better.  I don't know if it was necesarrily

A) a vast improvement because I was off the medication (very doubtful).

B)  vast improvement only because my pain just happened to be wanning through the cycle.  (very likely).

C) A vast improvement due mostly to the natural recovery process which put me much closer to a full recovery - and then I masterbated and took a big step backwards (maybe).

It was around day 45 that I started to have a lot of better days and feel like I made some serious improvent.  May have been natural recovery or because I got moved from Cipro to Doxycycline (still plenty of pain/discomfort and bad days during that stretch - just generally better).

Remeber having some bad days immediately following being off the meds completely but that was followed by a particually good string of days.  Then I masterbated and it set me back or just seemed like it caused the set back.  Definately led to a few absolutely terrible days and nights.  

Since then its been gradually getting better again but still not where I was at before I masterbated.  

Then, yes, doc said take more meds if you want.  So that is what I am doing one last time - and on day like 90.  Seems like a stretch I know, but they do "seem" to still be helping.  Might just be the antiinflamatory I just got back on also.  Or maybe just continued recovery/string of better days.  Or maybe plecebo effect???  

I want to point out that even though I am doing better, I would not chose to live like this if it could be avoided with surgery.  Hopefully my condition will continue to improve and it will not come to that.  I'm 43 so maybe a little easier for me to come to terms with than some of the younger guys and I do have sympathy.  But it wouldn't even be a question for me if it came down to being healthy, active and pain free.  Really not much sweat off my back.  I just told my buddies I would give my left nut to play golf with them this weekend.  I was joking - kind of.

Funny you mention the tight shorts.  that is the one thing I have not done. that is recommended a lot.  It was so terrible and sensitive in the first weeks there was no way - at least for me.  Might be worth trying now though.

ok, I've take up enough space on here.  Love, peace and happy balls  
If you only eat only fruits and vegetables the pain and inflammation will subside exponentially but I don't know if this is a treatment method or just managing the symptoms. I've been doing it for about 3 weeks now and I'm almost in no pain. No carbs/gluten and no refind sugars. Bactiria feed on glucose. Simple as that. masturbate every other day to every 3 days or so. Don't strain you're epididymis.
Hello, well, right now would be [Day 113] after I got diagnosed with epididymitis.  I logged in here again because I feel a mild discomfort in the area that comes and goes through the day.

Recently I went on vacation to the other side of the world for a month, and I walked and climbed a lot without issues, however, in a long train ride I kept a backpack over my lap and feel asleep, I woke up due to the pain in the area because of the weight pressure by the backpack.

That day was a bit uncomfortable, but after a night of sleep I was able to continue.

Recently I woke up on a very hot night, because of the temperature my scrotum was fully dilated and somehow when getting up, my leg kind of hit my testicle and since then I'm having this coming and going discomfort, so far seems something physical, like the epididymis got very sensitive after all the ordeal.

Besides that, everything seems fine. Right now, no pain nor discomfort, but woke up a bit uncomfortable.
I just got it again and just finished a month of doxy. I waited 25 days to have sex or masturbate. I thought this was long enough. I have had sex with my gf and masturbated on and over the past week, excited that it felt better and could resume normal activity. I ran a couple miles over the past week because I have been getting out of shape trying to rest.  Now tonight i was studying at my desk and i noticed the back of my left testicle beginning to swell up again. I am extremely depressed and can't believe this is going to be back again. I had it earlier last year and 14 days of doxy and rest knocked it out for nearly 8 months. After sex one night, it began to swell up again in the following days. That is when I started to take the month of doxy. No STDs, no anything. Just this swelling and burning again. I haven't been eating as healthy as I was the first time and I have been under a lot of pressure. I wonder if this affected me at all. But here we go again, I will see a urologist tomorrow. I will cut out all alcohol and sugar this time and hopefully find an anti-inflammatory medicine. Xavier your story is giving me hope.  I need to understand that this may take 3 months to completely knock it out. I currently feel my leg and back starting to burn up. It has been 5 days since my last doxy. I am going to take an epsom salt bath and hope this helps. If anyone has any suggestions please help me. thank you.
qwertasdf1234  you got it inflammed.   I had epidydimitis last Aug 16 2015. Was just able to do things normally again late December 2015 now Im recovered but there are still slight pain i hope it will go away as it is steadily decreasing
My doctor told me the infection is not back. He told me to trust him and that it is a nerve pain and it will take time to make the testicle strong again. He told me to take ibuprofen daily and take it before sex. He also told me to exercise and wear compression shorts and a jock strap and it will be good for it. I have been taking 2 baths a day and it has reduced the swelling. I hope he is right. It is not really painful as it was the first time, just a tiny bump. I am going to eat healthier and I started taking vitamin E today. I also picked up some saw palmetto, I have heard good things about it but also some bad. I was thinking of using it for a week to see what happens. I also read on line that alpha blockers/flo max is the key to knocking it out because epididymitis tends to irritate the prostate and stop the back flow of urination. Has anyone used saw palmetto?
Also started taking fish oil
My penis and balls are also cold a lot. i was wondering if anybody has ever felt a slight burn in the other testicle? I feel like my other testicle hurts more than the infected one. It is also hard on the bottom like the other one but I don't believe it is infected. I am very confused and sick of seeing urologists. Let me know thanks.
[Day 137] Hey qwertasdf1234, it takes time, a lot of time. Just be patient, just logged in today because I noticed that it has been a couple of weeks without any issues, so I wanted to do an status update for others readers about this.

Definitely the area behind my testicle seems to be oversensitive for life, a small bump, or a leg twist or whatever, can make a few uncomfortable hours or even a couple of days.  The doctors say that it is some sort of scarring that will left the area oversensitive.

I think I had three rounds of antibiotics, one after the other, the details are in this thread, but the last one seemed to be the most effective.

I have also noticed that sugars might affect negatively as December I had a couple or three uncomfortable days, and definitely was eating a lot of candy, cakes and the usual Xmas fare.

I'm a heavy coffee and tea drinker, with beers on the weekends, only cut out the beer while on antibiotics as indicated.  Somewhere I read that coffee should be eliminated too, but I'm having my cup at the moment and have been feeling great for some days as stated.

In the long term, I think that because we are extremely anxious, depressed and worried when having this epididymitis, we put up with a lot of pills for this, but maybe what it takes is time, rest, and no sugars?
Definitely no augers or carbs. If you go on a paleo diet, more so a chicken breast and vegetable diet you will overcome this infection in as little as a month to 2 months. I promise you if this is Epididymitis (an infection) then this will work. Bactiria feed glucose (sugers and carbs). If you want to expedite the process go on a vegetable juice fast. I.E. Get a juicer and start juicing 3 times a day. A lot of human health issues are because of poor diet. Face it, we FAT. Please I hope this helps.
I got severe pain in my right testicle for 5 seconds twice one and after but severe pain went away leaving abdominal pain. went to a doctor and i got diagnosed with epididymitis month ago. ultrasound and all other test came out normal. took my meds and pain went away. now after ejaculation started a slight testes pain which goes away instant but abdominal pain stays getting it worse. went to a urologist and he say it wasn't epididymitis. its called intermittent torsion and detorsion of testicles. as right testicle tried to move some nerves remind displace which causing this pain and it will happen every time scrotum moves. he gave me some meds but surgical treatment is required if i ever get that severe pain again. anyone facing same problem?
Hello - it looks like this thread is the closest thing to any answers I have received from so called specialists.  
I saw my GP about a month ago after experiencing burning after urination.  He did a urine test suspecting UTI and put me on macrobid(antibiotic) while he waited for the results.  A week passed and there was no relief. Went back to GP and he said the results of the urinalysis and urine culture were normal but I told him about that the pain had since intensified.  He did chest X-ray, abdominal X-ray, Tran rectal ultrasound, Digital Rectal Exam, PSA test suspecting it was prostatitis and while he waited for the results, he put me on a 10 day dose of Cipro.  The results were normal for all tests with the exception of the testicular ultrasound and abdominal X-ray which showed moderate constipation.  I used a laxative to clear the blockage.  The scrotal ultrasound showed small bilateral hydrocele's in both testicles.  My symptoms at this point would only get worse, the pain near the rectum and scrotral area was unbearable.  After about the 7th day of being put on Cipro, went to the ER with scrotal swelling.  the ER did a urinalysis and put on another 10 day of Cipro.  After being on about the 15 day of Cipro, symptoms started to lessen.  Few days ago, the symptoms came back with a vengeance.  I feel the same way I had felt a month ago. Went back to ER, the did a testicular ultrasound which showed the hydrocele but the blood flow to the testicles was normal, the urinalysis and urine culture were both normal. The ER referred me to a urologist.  Saw the Urologist yesterday who said I likely had some sort of infection and it's probably gone.  The sensitivity and pain may take months to dissipate due to the sensitive nature of the anatomy and he put me on a daily dose of Celebrex.  Last night, I couldn't sleep well... the pain was unbearable, at 3am I took a hot shower which briefly helped.  I have had numbness, achey scrotum and rectum all day.  In fact, I have noticed that the pain is always in the recturm and scrotum area.  Is there any insight anyone can share? I had a colonoscopy 4 years ago and it was all normal.  Could it be a problem related to the colon or is it Epididymitis? I saw another GP today and he said its epididymitis. So I started a fresh does of new antibiotics the size of horse pills, sulfamethoxazole and asked me to stop taking celebrex and instead prescribed 600mg Ibuprofen. I am losing all hope and I am just tired of more meds. Before these issues, I was a healthy, active male.  I am depressed, stressed and just feel disconnected from everything. Please help.
Hi guys
I'm pretty much the same of you, same symptoms, but I noticed that in my case there's much improvement.
Now, I'm in the 10th day. No pain except tiny scrotal swelling.
First I am in Levofloxacin instead of Ciprofloxacin.
Second I take daily dose of Zithromax.
Third and last I take Augmentin 1g.
I will cut Zithromax and add ibrufen in the 11th day.
Again not a complete recovery but no pain with tiny little  swelling.
I hope this can help you all.
I want to thank xavierq for keeping with updates and sharing his story.  (All over the internet there are people that posted their condition and never heard back from them again).

I had an UTI that turned into epididymitis that I have been dealing with for the past couple of months now.  I still have some discomfort, but the pain is mostly gone (my initial symptoms were sharp stabbing pains but might not be as bad as some have described here).  I didn't have any STD, so my PCP treated me with sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim (Bactrim) 500mg 2x a day for 10 days, that helped some, but the epididymis pain remains, then he prescribed me Cipro 2x for 10 days -- I immediately developed side effect from Cipro and stopped (you guys need to be very careful with this drug and don't take it with any NSAID, google the internet to find out more.).  The doc changed it to cephalexin (Keflex) 500mg 3x a day for 14 days.  After 7 days of being on cephalexin, my symptoms improved greatly.  At 14 days, my symptoms are mostly gone but still slight pain remained.  I check with an urologist a week after the last of my antibiotics and he says my epididymis feels normal and the remaining pain should fade with time (a couple more months on average).

To improve my symptoms, I take sitz bath almost daily (if you find hot shower helps, this should help even more).  Just don't make it too hot.  Make it warm and slightly on the hot side.  Also, I timed my bath to be at the same time as the antibiotics are at maximum concentration in my blood.  For most antibiotics is 1 to 2 hours after you take it depending on if you take it with food.  If you want to be exact, search the pharmacokinetics of your drug.

I hope this help some of you out there and keep recovering.
You are welcome, as of today, [Would be "Day 237"], everything is fine, its been 3+ months without any significant symptom or pain.

As I said before, some sensitivity will remain in the area, but as long as no pressure is applied to the area (No backpacks on the lap, no tight clothing, ...), there will be no problems or pain.

Good news is, I think even the extra sensitivity is decreasing, I'm biking again too, little by little.

So guys, just be patient...! It will go away with proper care and rest.  But will take time.

I actually remembered today "Hey, didn't I had epididymitis some months ago?", that's how good it gets... And because I remembered, I came here to post an update and cheer everybody up.
I started feeling symptoms in my left testicle on Sunday night (4/24). I had small instances of pain throughout the night, and it even occurred as I tried to fall asleep. I sleep with a body pillow, so I had to readjust my testicles every time I would toss and turn.

Next day at work, I kept readjusting at my desk as I felt the same instances of slight pain. Did I hit my testicles somehow? I had had a bruised scrotum 8 years ago when I wrestled in high school, and that was the worst pain of my life. This wasn't bad. Well after work, I ran three miles and didn't feel a thing. Maybe I was over it. Well as I cooked dinner, I could feel pain whenever my testicles swung side to side. I googled symptoms and got scared.

I went to Urgent Care and was told it's most likely testicular torsion or epididymitis. I have been in a dry spell for almost a year, so they diagnosed me with torsion and told me to go to the ER. I drove myself and checked in. I peed in a cup, and they performed an ultrasound on my testicles. After all that, the doctor came in and said it could be epididymitis and/or orchitis even though I haven't been sexually active. I got 4 pills of antibiotics and an IM shot.

Four days later (4/29), I still felt the same small instances of pain in the morning. It feels better now than it did earlier, but I just want to know when I can stop worrying. Everyone here is describing painful events, but I'm lucky to only be experiencing mild pain. I have an appointment with a urologist tomorrow morning, so I will report back in 3 days.

Also, people mentioned low carb/sugar diets and stuff like that. I've been on a micro nutrient diet for about 6 weeks now eating low carbs and lots of veggies, and I've lost 19 lbs in an effort to not be so fat come summer time. Maybe the diet is key, because I've been eating like that regularly and only experiencing mild symptoms.
Was diagnosed with epididymo-orchitis (first only epididymitis) while abroad 2 weeks ago and was put on doxycycline for 7 days and anti-inflammatory and while it felt a little better after a while, it didn't help in the end. I went to a doctor as soon as I got back and had an ultrasound done, which proved it was epididymo-orchitis. Got ciprofloxacin and ibuprofen to take during 2 weeks. One week in now on this second course of antibiotics (totalt 2 weeks now since first diagnosis) and while the swelling seem to have subsided a little bit, the pain is still there. Besides the ultrasound I have had several urine and blood tests to check for infections but all came back negative.

Even though my doctor said it might take 4-5 weeks for it to get better, I'm starting to get worried after reading stories of people having it for months or years! How do you even go on about work with this condition and pain? Right now I have been home from work for a week and suspecting I might need to be longer than that..

Also, since there is no trace of STDs or infections (for me), what on earth causes this illness from hell?!
I feel like I'm in a very similar boat to you. I felt better. Then I drank a lot of alcohol. Now I'm back in the pain and been in pain for 4 days. Its a nightmare.
Yeah it really *****.. I was feeling a lot better on Monday to the point that I thought I was cured. Then I had a severe reaction to the anti-inflammatory in my stomach and was brought to the ER by ambulance. So now I have to get a gastro endoscopy to rule out ulcers caused by the NSAID, in the mean time I'm completely off NSAID drugs and I'm slowly feeling the pain in my testicle coming back. As you said, it's a nightmare.
Update: Gastritis confirmed. Now I'll have to speak with my doctor how to treat epididymo-orchitis without NSAID drugs..
How are you going about treating it without NSAID? I am taking them and worried about Gastrtis. Ive been on Doxy and Cipro both havent worked. Going back to the doctor on Tuesday.
People react differently to NSAID, some can take it for months and then there's people like me with a sensitive stomach that can only endure a few weeks.

Only way for me to treat it now is bed rest really. Took all kind of tests for infections and since there hasn't been any trace of any my GP pulled me off antibiotics, which is logical since there's no point in taking it if there's no bacterial infection. Even if there was, 3 weeks should be enough to kill it. Stomach has been much better since I stopped taking NSAID.

With that said, this past week the pain has receded some. Feels like the swelling has gone down a bit too. Might be imagining it, but switching to briefs from boxers really helped with the healing. On week 4 now.
I'm glad yours is getting better. Mine seems to be staying the same. Made worse by sitting down for long periods of time (10 hours a day in work) and long journeys. Have you made any other changes. Diet changes?
Besides bed rest only slight diet changes to not upset my stomach. No spicy foods and stuff like that. Also cut down on sugar and sweets entirely. Don't know if any of that has to do with me getting slightly better, but bed rest is probably the one doing the trick since I feel better during the mornings and a bit worse as the day progresses. Took some weeks off of work to battle this since my work involves some manual labour.

How long have you had this?
I've had it for 4 weeks aswell. I would have to agree about the bed rest. The mornings are the best part of my day. I think in another 4 weeks I'll probably be fine. Its the impatience and worry of it not improving that makes this tough.  What about alcohol and sex? I've stopped having sex but still drink on occasions. The alcohol made it worse a few weeks ago. But I haven't seen much difference recently if I have a few beers. I am however now going to cut back on it,sweets and spicy food. Going to do two more weeks of anti inflammatory with those changes and see where I'm up to. Fingers crossed.
Looking at the dates I think out conditions startered around the same time. And I have felt slightly better today. My doctor said it could take up to 2 months. So probably just need to hang on in there for a few more weeks. Stay strong.
No alcohol for me until this thing is 100% healed. Don't wanna jeopardize  anything. I tried alcohol after the first week and it only got worse so I won't try it again it's not worth it. As for sex, making due only with masturbation during this period. I'm staying away from all physical activies to let this heal as fast as I can and I would count sex as a physical activity. At least with masturbation it's 100% your own terms and if it hurts, stop.

Yeah my doctors have said the same. Can take months to heal.. I know the anxiety this brings. The impatience and not knowing is the worst. All kind of bad thoughts goes through your head and googling it will only make it worse, I know. We have to think positively, xavierq up there had this for 6-7 weeks until it completely went away so 2 months sounds about right. :)
I'm defiantly cutting everything back. No sex, sweets, alcohol, spicy food and plenty of bed rest for the next two weeks. Along with 2 weeks of Naproxen NSAID i think i should finally be over this. Looks like the answer to the original question is around 2 months yes. What a ball ache :)
Update: Knocked it last night and in considerable more discomfort today. Seen that Xavierq has done this and the discomfort can last for days. Just treat your balls like gold and really look after them. It causes a set back.  P.s i've worked out im on day 36. So longer than 4 weeks .
Sorry to hear that mate. I feel the your pain. I'm on day 34 myself.
xavierq, thank you for your posts. With all the negativity surrounding this issue,it is good to hear a positive story for once. I'm going into my 3rd month and feel better after my second stint with antibiotics. Doxycycline cleared it up almost completely, but Bactrim didn't seem to help nearly as much. Now the urologist wants me to try Levaquin. I am going to go a few days before I get on it to see if the symptoms reappear. If they do, I might be headed for my third round of meds. Either way, thanks for all your updates. Most guys talk about their pain and struggles, and then leave us hanging after they get better. So I appreciate all of your input.  
I agree. Robby have you had your urine tested to see if there is any infection? Mine has come back negative and the doctor won't give anymore antibotics. Have you changed your diet or anything like that? On day 40 something now. Still a long road ahead I feel. Best of luck
Day 43. Waking up feeling a little better everyday. Most mornings I wake up and think I'm cured as I can touch my testicle and feel no pain at all, but symptoms come back slowly during the day. In general feeling a lot better over the past week. Coming from not being able to sleep or walk comfortably to waking up feeling no symptoms is a huge leap for me. I have been taking cranberry extract for one week and started on fish oil yesterday. Cranberry is used to treat UTI and fish oil has anti-inflammatory effects. Natural remedies take a long time to have any effect on the body so I will be continuing taking them for a while.
Whoops double post sorry.
Day 43. Waking up feeling a little better everyday. Most mornings I wake up and think I'm cured as I can touch my testicle and feel no pain at all, but the the symptons come back slowly during the day. In general feeling a lot better these past days, coming from the initial pain of not being able to sleep or walk comfortably to waking up and thinking it's gone is a huge step forward. But yeah, baby steps.. Also I've been taking cranberry extract this past week and also started on fish oil as of yesterday. Cranberry extract is used to deal with UTI and fish oil has anti-inflammatory effects. I can't say if it's this that is actually helping me, but at this point I'm throwing everything on there and hope something sticks. Natural remedies takes a long time to make any significant effect on the body so taking them for a long time is recommended.
Day 47. Sounds like we are in the same boat. I still get discomfort from time to time but its nowhere near as bad. No pain in the morning like you. I've been having sex and it hasn't been a problem (Taking it easy obviously). However there is some discomfort towards the end of the day and can be sore for a while if i knock it etc. I can go about life now though. I'm measuring progress week by week now. Very slow progress. Might be like this forever but who knows! At least i don't feel like its the end of the world now. Anyone reading this and stick in there. Rest, painkillers (If you can) and a positive mind will help more than any remedies (I am also taking fish oil). Will keep updating sporadically.
Hello im adil ,m too suffrng from this ,but now almost 95 % cured,took many antibiotics for the first 2 mnths then dctrs told me to stop antibiotics and said infection had gone,now there is residual ibflammation may b,and aftr that i am getting improved,now no pain in walking or sitting ,but still feel dscmfrt and twinges of pains at times,antibiotics have ruined my gut abd taking probiotics for them and some medication,for epididymitis im taking herbal mdicine mixture,i think im improving more day by day,now i will wair for three months without taling antibiotics,as my dr has said that sometimes residual pains take much time to go away ,lets see ,and my fellows be positive ,it will go away ,i wii keep this updated
3 months ago i have found blood in semen,bt i thought it is something in the comode red coloured so i materbated again the next day and found again blood(very little),got concerned and after three days of it went to a urologist and got a transrectral ultrasound which showed inflamed seminal vesiclesand some cystic focus as that of diverticulitis, but prostate is normal,and give me antibiotics cefixime and some anti inflammatories.the very next day i developed pain in testicle from walking at the back and noticed that testicles are swollen.then by evening the pain started shifting from right to left testicle ,and when one is hurting the other one remains almost normal,which i found bizarre.then i went again to dr and he said nothing serious just an infction ,and then i took cefixime for 7 days with evion and anti inflammatory,then after 4 days got some better,then got 3 days of sparfloxacin one time a day,then took cipro for 18 days with caflam.got much better but still pain in ryt testicle while walking,and still cannot close my legs completely.
After this course of antibiotics i got again intence pains in walking in testicles again shifting sides.After almost 10 to 12 days of antibiotics i again went to my dr and he gave me 8 days of Ofloxacin then 7 days of levofloxain,which deacreased the pain to a manageable level and very less pain while walking bt still discomfort in testicles on prolonged sitting,walking ,standing.
After this dr said that u have taken enough antibiotics and this may be the residual pain which may go away with time and didnt give me more antibiotics.bt some medication for my gut which was ruined by these medicines causing too much gas and bloating and abdominal sharp cramps all the time.
After a month i feel very much recoverd from abdomnail cramps and also the epidimid dont hurt now while walking.even when i touch them they feel very very less inflamed sometimed feel norml almost when toching,or when i grab  my testicles .bt still i dont feel 100 percent normal.
i again visited my doctor this week and he prescribed me wobenzym for residual discomfrt and slight pain,and librex for bloating and cramps and cut care capsules(probiotic).and he said there is no need for more antibiotics as new transrectal ultrasound showed seminal vesicles are now normal, dopller of testicles showed evrythng normal and no inflammation.
bt still i dont feel im 100 percnt ok and there is discomfort and very slight pains at at times .
Also the right testicle is the one which hurted more and now i see it is hanging up and futher than usual.
Also i noticed i cant cross my legs while sitting or lying down,there is no pain bt i cant due to somewhat limited angle.
Also i cant close my legs while laying down testicles comes in between and strt crushing,this was not the case before,
I am very much confused by this all.
I had a question for you. Did your doctor say the antibiotic were the once causing the bloating and cramps? I'm taking the same antibiotic and I don't have pain in my testicles anymore but I get sharp pains where is hard to walk and bloating kinda feels like a hernia?
[Epididymitis 2.0 / Day 5] Hey guys, sorry to bring bad news, but I think this damn thing  is coming back again on me, as many other commenters have written, this thing might be chronic forever.  

I have been resting and using cold packs for a while, it started on July 5th 2016, its been a bit of discomforting, however, not as much as on September 2015, maybe because I already have an idea of what is going on and is less scary, but still, uncomfortable.  I'll wait to see what happens, I don't want to try antibiotics this time as I don't think it really helped last time, but will use some anti inflamatories I have from the last time that are still some months before their due date, and that were prescribed to use in case of emergency on my vacations.

I definitely had a lot of greasy and sugary food on and around the July 4th and that might be the cause, added to a poor diet and lack of exercise on the last months due to work stress... I think I also got hit slightly on some furniture around those dates, so, that's my theory at the moment. I'll update thoroughly.
Day 83. Feels like it's 90% healed. The pain is mostly gone, but still some discomfort left. Still best during mornings, but I feel I can walk without any pains now at least. It's going in the right direction but I would never think it would last this long. Had a second ultrasound which showed no signs of any inflammation left so I guess I'm dealing with the residual pain/discomfort. No choice but to continue fighting. Still only taking fish oil and cranberry extract.
[Epididymitis 2.0 / Day 17, done] After a couple of days of resting a lot, drinking lots of water and using a cold pack a few times, the pain is now gone.

I wonder what was it, it felt the same as before: A bulge behind the left testicle, warm left leg, pain in the lower abdomen...

Its been a week or so without symptoms, probably a hit or excess sugars.
I had testicular pain and went to ER in November of 2015. Diagnosed with epididymitis and given doxycycline. I have gone to 2 different urologistS and both have agreed. Have also tried a full course of bactrim and cipro and nothING has worked. For the last 8 months I have been in constant pain and it never goes away, it's 24/7 sever pain. I started a new job in April and have missed so much time due to the pain associated that I'm close to losing my dream job. I cannot tolerate the pain anymore. I really feel that these urologistS could care less and take you for a ride. The antibiotics didn't work and ibuprofen, tylenol, aleve or aspirin does nothing for the pain, not even a little bit. I am in constant pain in my right testicle and feel so disconnected from the world and my family. I have had 3 ultrasounds and nothing has shown but epididymitis. 8 months of absolute constant severe pain. The only thing that helps is ice on my testicle but as soon as I remove it, the pain fires back up. It's not like I can sit at my desk at work with an ice pack on my testicle. Idk anymore this has destroyed my life and sadly I am struggling to find a reason to continue. Antibiotics, OTC pain reliever and anti inflammatory medicine do nothing. I wouldbt wish this 24/7 severe pain on my worst enemy. I thought this was suppose to pass on its own never mind all the antibiotics. What a nightmare
It sounds the urologists have nothing to do with it all of them..
It came back again after 3 months! this time is harder, stronger and hit left and right testicles. After the first time I've got hydrocele in the right one, now i'm afraid to get hydrocele  in both... Any advice??
hello its almost 4 months into this , i have still not totally cured.still pains at times not much but noticeable or like more of a discomfort,and  a feeling yes it is there,cant walk too much or stand for long periods as it increases discomfort or starts to cause some ache.now going to a new urologist,today he has asked for a semen analysis,will post after results .as i told last doc has said that it is just residual inflammation give it time .now lets see what will happen.we will be recovered, dont give up.
Thanks for supporting..You know how hard to deal with something bad like this. Despite the pain the hydrocele is really killing me the size is shameful feels like having dinosaurs testicles!!
Urologist advised me to go for surgery.. and also for semen analysis. I didnt do both as the epididymitis is still there.
waiting for your updates. Hope the results are good.
Always take second opinion before doing any kind of action expecially syrgery related,as in most of the cases i have heard that after the infection is over the hydroceles go on their own for good,however if it is discomforting then it is good to go for a surgery bt however always take a second opinion.and today i will show my semen analysis reports to the doctor ,hoping everythng will be good.and brother never ever give up,We will all be recovered soon.THE DARKEST HOUR OF THE DAY IS JUST BEFORE THE DAWN.i will update and share my cures.in my opinion ofloxacin and levofloxacin worked well and made me to walk pain free most of the time ,however somedays are still lilttle bad but not too much.However always take plenty of fluids and water and a very good diet or you will be end like me havinf severe GUT problems. after 3 days iwill get my culture reports for semen.
hmm i have got my results for semen analysis,dr said that ist is good and near to normal .However he is i think now assuming that there is no infection left,bt only the residual inflammation.But i doubt thatttttt:(.Now given only 5 day medicine a painkiller type pill which excreted in urine causing dark orange urine having analgesic effect on genital organs,and one for inflammation 50 mg dicloran(diclofenac sodium),and the third one i dont know what for ,its name is lucid.now see how it goes.He has called me after 10 days of the medication.And jimmo go for semen analysis as it will show somehow that now at what stage the infection is .and then treated accordingly.and if results will not be good then dont get panic cz when u have an infection it affects the semen but however it will be temporary.
oh no,i have checked lucid is againnnnn an antibiotic (ciprofloxacin by a diffrent brand name), i am confused what to do s my GP had said that donnt use any more antibiotics if you want to get better. and now this urologist is again giving me ciipro.i have used cipro in past but it have no affect thennn....i am literally confused.
i have found out after so much research that the causes for epididymitis are filiriasis(where DECs will work only), Trichomoniasis or some anonymous type of bacteria (where metronidazole works only), Appendicitus(appendix removal surgery), Kidney stones(treated accordingly), STD related(Doxy,Azithromyicin Levofloxacin etc will work), UTI extended to this(Ofloxacin,augmentin may be etc), trauma(heal naturally with time plus anti inflammatories), Pelvic floor dysfunction( muscle relaxant like XATRAL plus exercise), Tuberculosis (only t.b medication cures). these cures i have found by my extensive research and we are obviusly suffering from one of these things, so if one method fails look for another possibility. cause the reason surely will be one of the mentioned above and the specific remedy will work, but most doctors dont bother to look into these and just keep experimenting on us with inappropriate antibiotics or treatments.Hope it helps
i have not yet started these medicines, i will also do a urine culture then go to  a GP,then show him all my results including semen analysis,culture,gramstein,urine culture and then will go for more antibiotics as he will suggest.However im now also feelng pain in my penile area.and also at times in my pelvic jointts.i think the effect of wrong gait while suffering from this disease.However noew trying to walk normally.
Another cause which i forgot to mention but is rare is a fungal infection or yeast one where antifungals like lamisil will work.   However,i  have got my semen culture report and it shows staph bacteria.... and it is highly resistant to cipro..........and some other drugs.so please i beg you people get a break from antibiotics for 15 days(window period) and get a urine and semen culture done for bacteria with e gram stein and for fungus stain with sensitivity for both. I really beg you people, it is your health and you have to go for this otherwise drz will just experiment on you with diffrent antibiotics.Some may be good but for wrong duration and some may be totally resistant that you are taking . I have learnt my lesson that always do proper testing in the first place if you want to suffer less ,recover more and complete.
and again i beg you people leave antibiotics for 15 days and get these 2 tests done(semen and urine culture and sensitivity with gram stain
i have today got my urine culture done reports will be sent on monday.
Day 93. Pain is almost gone, only some slight discomfort left but nothing too severe. Some ache left in the groin and thigh area, but that is probably from walking with an unnatural posture for 3 months because of the testicle pain. My GP confirmed with the urologist and said the residual discomfort will fade within the next months so I'm finally able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping for a continuous recovery. What a ball ache..!
Penny wiz im cold zephyr,bro same is happening to me for 2 months where i was assuming it was just residual discmfrt or residual pain,as normally i dont feel pain while walking just slight pain at times or a dscmfrt,bt sone days it becomes little bad,so i got my cultures done which shows i still hve bacteria, believe your drz but not blindly,now i vil show reprts to dctrz and again get a treatmnt accordng to bug sensitivity to get fully recvrd.please be sure that infction has gone by these tests
What kind of cultures did you have and what kind of bacteria did you test positive for? I have done urine cultures and they have all come negative.
hm hmm it is fine if they are negative,i have again got tested semen and urine and got all negative results.so maybe the positive one may be the contamination of the specimen.However doc recommended me not to take any antibiotic and also im not takin any antibiotic for 2 months almst.Are u taking any antibiotics?
However i will do one more test for culture and sensitivity for fungus.Then if it will be negative then see.....Jimmo u havent updated anythng
i am only taking librax to recover from the gut problems caused by nsaids and antibiotics that i have taken in first 2 months,antibiotics really do cause harm, but however we have no choice. Also duw to wrong gait for 3 or more months duw to this disease i think i have got some kind of inflammation or somethng in pubic region muscles.However doctor said will go away with time as penny has said
Yeah I think we have to play the waiting game unfortunately. I think we have the same symptoms. Even stomach problems, as I had a severe reaction to NSAIDs so I can't take them anymore. My GP also put me off NSAID and antibiotics after only 3 weeks because of the problems with my stomach. Still feeling sore on my testicle. This *****!
Yes,NSAIDS are poison if taken excessively they have ruined my gut,still im recovering after 2 and a half  months, now im again on antibiotics on basis of 1st culture which was positive for staph aureus and taking ofloxacin 200 mg2 times a day for 5days and Wobenzym(natural enzymes for inflammation as a substitute for NSAIDS) for inflammation.See what happens
First of all, thanks to all for sharing your experiences. This is very helpful for those of us who are going through it now.

Here is my case: It seems like it all started with urinary track infection. I had pain in my bladder, went to see GP, she did urine test and diagnosed UTI. I got one dose of antybiotic, which was supposed to take of of the problem.

Bladder problem was gone but two weeks later I started feeling discomfor in the left testicle. The pain was my left testicle, which had a sore/super sensitive spot. The right testicle was also painful, bug the pain was not as bad, and there was no sensitive spot. In a matter a few days, the pain became unberable and I went to see another GP. She suspected I have STD, did the blood and urine test but results came back negative. Even before she got the results, she gave me a shot of antybiotic (not sure what it was) and 7 days worth of 100 mg doxiciline, 2x a day.

Few days after staring on the antibiotic the pain got even worse, I went to hospital to see another GP who sent me to see urologist. He suspected it is either epididymitis or swollen veins. I got ultrousound done and epididymitis was confirmed. He also confirmed there is no sign of cancer or anything of that nature. Sinde I already received a dose of anybiotic, he adviced that I stay home, rest and the pain shold go away. He said it normally takes up to 3 months for the pain to go away.

How did I get it? Well, according to the doctor, it is related to excercise. It is true that around the time when I had bladder problem, I started new workout program and pushed myself really hard. Plus I was wearing boxesrs during workouts, which did not provide proper support.

61 days have passed since I finished doxiciline. During this time, the pain went down aboug 50%, but it is still there. I stayed home most of the time, cause it so happens that I'm between jobs. I walk only if I have to, maybe an hour per day. I wear special supportive underwear (shock doctor) which helps a lot. If I wear regular underwear, ever briefs, there is substantial amount of pain.

In the last couple of days, the pain increased again and I'm planning to see urologist again. I will ask if I can get another dose of antibiotics. I don't think the infection is gone, and it seems that the dose of antibiotic that I got is low compared to those who shared their experiences above.

So I'm half way through the battle. I'm especially worried about the sore spot, it is super painful, I avoid touching it. The pain is bit less now then before but it is far from over, I feel.

I will report on the progress.
Hi oliver. Id been suffering with pain in my right tescticle for over 2 years.
I noticed after many epididymitis infections and treatments the lube from condoms were causing me utis and leading to epididymitis.it took me many trips to the doctors who obviously bombarded me with antibiotics.I have adjusted my lifestyle and use lube free condoms.it has made a huge difference in infections and I was pain free for a few years.however 6 months ago I was in severe pain in both testicles after intercourse and went to a doctor who diagnosed me with epididymitis.the antibiotics didnt help and the pain would get worse after sex. I had an ultrasound done and was diagnosed with epidermal cysts. The pain they caused was horrific. Ive had them removed 3 weeks ago and im still recovering.the painafter sugery was intense.the pain has subsided but I need to give it time to fully access how much of a success the operation was.I can relate to your dispair. I hope you do find a correct diagnosis and treatment. I wish you all the best.
Guys my problem started when i gave up masturbation but started watching porn more frequently and after 8 to 9 days there came 3 days and lets say i was watching porn for most part 3 days and after the first day of excessive porn there was mild pain in my testicles but it went away like it happens when u watch porn and dont masturbate , but on 3rd day when i went to sleep after watching porn there was pain there but i thought it would disappear but it grew stronger and went unbearable and i almost fainted with jitters for few seconds and low heartbeat . Next day was mild pain throughtout the day but no so much but i started feeling itching and irritation in my ball sack and with continuous relaxing and contracting ball sack .i called a doctor friend he told me to take Antibiotics and the next day there was no pain but my ball sack feels moving (cont and relax) for most of the time and it irritates me and it also feels warm , i sit all day at work so it is not unbearable bcos there is no pain but this ball sack is getting on my nerves , and today its a little bit better the movement of ball sack but not good enough . I am taking Velosef 500 mg . Please help .
Dont giveup, it just needs more antibiotics than normal and some months to completely disappear.Still not completely normal
Thanks Mohomed. In my case, the doctor suggested varicocele as likely cause for the painful spot. I may want to have it operated after epididymitis clears up .. will see if the pain actually goes away.
Day 71. I'm on second round of antibiotics. Levofoxacin 250 mg twice daily for two weeks. I'm taking sitz baths 30-45 minutes after taking antiobic, like someone suggested above. Pain is not as severe but testies are still tender, which makes it difficult to walk. I did urine and semen test, awaiting results. Planning to do another ultrasound once I finish this round of antibiotics and review results with my doctor.
Blood in semen... First time that ever happens to me. Possibly/Must be related with the Epididymitis issues I had before as related in this thread.

Today I masturbated after a call with an ex-girlfriend, however, the call was 3 hours or more before I got home....

Probably because of having erections on and off while fantasizing something burst inside or near my testicles.

During the ejaculation the first drops were totally brown/red, and at the end it was "clear" as I would expect. 70-80% of the ejaculation was tinted red.

Very worried, already left a message with my urologist.
Dont PANIc i got it before getting epididymitis, just take antibiotics after consulting from doc. and u will be fine.