UROLOGY
COMMUNITY
How Long Does Epididymitis Take To Go Away?
by naughtonjim, Jan 06, 2010
I got diagnosed with epididymitis a week ago and the pain has just now began to leave. Is this common and how long does it normally take for the pain to go completely away along with the swelling? My scrotum hasn't swollen and i've had a ultrasound, blood test, and urine sample and all came back negitive for cancer or a tumor. I'm really frightened about it and hope that this is just epididymitis. Also, the epididymitis came after working out and I also have pain in my tighs, is it possible that i pulled my groin and also have epididymitis?
Member Comments (14)
by rmprdl1964, Jan 07, 2010

I used to come down with this about every 3 to 4 months requiring a hospital admission.
Some of the pain would radiate down into my legs. It usually would take me about a month or so to get over it.

by healingrapidly, Jan 09, 2010
I've had it too and I was on antibiotics for months before it resolved.  I think the antibiotics caused worse problems because I haven't felt the same since so I would go easy on them, especially cipro.  I got it again a few months ago and it still hasn't completely resolved but I'm not taking any antibiotics right now because I'm worried about their side effects.  For me, wearing briefs rather than boxers gives some support and really helps it heal I think.  Also taking warm baths seems to help.
by rmprdl1964, Jan 10, 2010

I have had this numerous times and I must say that warm, hot water give comfort but ice packs are better for this condition.

I used to get it about every 3 to 4 months requiring a hospitalization for about a week.

After my wife and I had our 4 children we decided on a vasectomy to see if it would stop the infections of the testicles. I had a complication with it and ended up loosing the left testicle. I have not had any other bouts of epididimitis or orchitis since 2000.

I hoe that you will be able to get this under control. I know the pain it causes.

All the best.

Ron
by Hotrod111, Jul 02, 2012
Ive had epidimitis for bout 2 weeks now and my right testicle still won't go down now I'm taking cipro 750 and taking ibuprofen should I be more patient??
by soreball, Jul 24, 2012
Go easy on the cipro, i was given this a few weeks ago for epi. took it for 5 days then i could'nt walk for a week as all my lower tendons seized up. now been on a different antibiotic and naproxin for 2 weeks but testicle and groin seem to be no better ive got no swelling but very tender area on the left testicle and lots of pain right in the groin near testicles. does this sound familiar to anyone. ive  had this on and off now for 6 months and getting fed up with it as its taking over my life.
by Djdhsjsjs, Sep 29, 2012
I started having pain on the right side of my testicle nerve (epi) and then i took antibiotics and it went to the left side also. Now i have it on both sides and antibiotics dnt calm much the pain i always feel a dull and uncomfortable pain and *****. Ive had this for about 4 months or more and masturbate about 1 a week now
by goodoldrebel, Oct 25, 2012
I've taken Batrum for about 5 days so far and the swelling went down alot but the right side is still hard and larger that the left. I still have to walk around holding up my scrotum. It's still better than 3 days ago. I could hardly walk then. Got it by running with boxers. I forgot to put on briefs for a 1/4 mile run (1m30s). hope this helps
by Cmc123123, Jan 16, 2013
Any signs of getting better yet ? I have the same symptoms
by kyle_cox, Jan 30, 2013
I started feeling pain in testicles two weeks back. As I dont rely on doctors anymore. I made a search on internet, matched the symtoms and it turned out i had the epididmytis. I took doxycyline for a week and pain began to go away but then masturabted and pain came back and this time it was worse. Then i took cipro for 10 days. 80% pain went away and now im taking doxycyline. The thing is usually people mess up the treatment by masturabating or something like that. In order to completely get rid of this problem one has to wait till u are complety sure about it. Thats why I suggest you to do be in a hurry. Be patient and take antibiotics. GOOD LUCK