How Much Testosterone is Too Much
Hi, my husband has been on testosterone injections for two years. It has been a pure living hell. The doctors have experimented with him with different levels. He is currently taking 50mg of the testosterone injections twice a week. His total testosterone as of the last lab draw was 750 on the third day. The shots have completely changed his personality, like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He is now really moody and mean and this is not who he truly is. It has been a horrible roller coaster ride. He is going back to the doctor this week to discuss this, but he really does not see that he has any problems with this. Have you seen other people on the shots that have such a traumatic change in personality? What is a good level where a man still has a sex drive but doesn't act like a cave man?
Well I've only been on the injection for about 7 weeks. I've read that the mood swings are obviously different to each person. I've noticed myself that around the last two days before my next injection my moods swing to the poor side but not too bad really.

I mainly went on testosterone to help with my extreme lethargy. My sex drive was ok but I did have problems with ejaculation quite frequently. After taking the injections for this length of time now, the sex issues have disappeared in fact, have increased so my wife tells me to settle down!  But my general energy levels haven't come up that much so I'm concerned why.  I'm just missing that extra umph to get up and do things. Maybe that will increase over time.

I have been on monthly testosterone shot for the last 7 hears now. My reason for being on the shots was after having seen a urologist in regards to sexual dysfunction.
It was found that my testosterone levels were low. After a few months my sexual problems in the form of ED did not improve and the urologist put me on Caverject.
Another reason that testosterone replacement therapy was decided is the prevent problems with bone density and muscle tone.

I give the shots myself after I had been given the OK by the urologist. So far my wife and kids have not complained about mood swings. Part of this reason might be due to having numerous medicl problems and having learned to cope with things. I'm currently disabled and know that this has changed the way that I look at things. Previously my mood was effected since I had to deal with some real idiots of doctors. I have learned not to waste my time on them. While I was still working it effected me as I did not have the time to consult with these doctors in a normal manner. I only had coffee breaks and lunch time to get a hold of the specialist. Most of the time I was unable to speak to them and they would not disclose information to my wife, due to a so called privacy issue. I had even suggested a release to share medical information, but they refused to do so. Most of the times I was unable to talk with these doctor. Seeying them in person was another waste of time since they could only spent a certain amount of time per patient, so some issues were not discussed. I would have times with frustrations no knowing things regarding my own health. The mood swings from this were most definitely noticed by my wife and children.
I'm glad that I was able to come to a point where I did not let these doctors get in the way of how my life was being effecive. I now consider thes doctors idiots and have the family doctor refer me to a different specialist.
The funny part is that I had to end my career first in 2003 before this other urologist placed me on testosterone replacement therapy. My wife and children remarked on how much stress was relieved and how my moods had improved.

Even with testosterone effecting moods we as patients still have a choice as to how we deal with things. I have noticed other males, some of them friends (I now debate if they indeed are friends) behave completely different when they are out in public or hwo they behave in the work place. They behave in public and work because they realize that other people around them will not put up with their attitude (mood swings.) Once home or my wife and I being at their place, they are a completly different person form what we used to know them from work other public functions. At home to their wife and children they behave like complete jerks. Personal will power has a lot to do with this.

I most likely will need to be on testosterone for the rest of my life. In 2000 I lost my left testicle following a severe infection. I was born with undescended testes, the left one descended before I was one year old, the right however did not untill I was about 12.
When testosterone level were checked they were found to be quite low.

All the best.

Ron
My husband started the testosterone injections last summer and was doing a lot better at first (more energy, no sex problems, etc),  Now he has become very moody, depressed, angry - all of this is everyone else's fault - as his testosterone levels climb.  I've been with him for 12 years and this is all new behavior for him. I am afraid for our marriage now as he doesn't see his behavior as a possible change due to what he is taking.  Any advice?
oh--my heart is aching right now because of the same thing. Our 12 year old daughter whispers " Daddy's home" as warning.  His reactions havent' been normal anger--it's waaaay over the top.  
   He wants to have sex more and that's great, but when I was too tired the other night he became very angry with me and raised his voice and stomped around like a big gorilla.... now THAT'S romantic......sheesh.. just go away!    Im so very sad, I might have to leave if this keeps up Weve been married 15years. I keep looking  all over the net for drug info re: testosterone cyprionate and mood.  Anger , Aggression, and mood swings are NOT listed as a common side effect.  
Hi, I am relieved to know someone is experiencing the same thing that I am with my husband. My 13 and 11 year old say the same thing about their dad I as well have come to dread my husband coming home. It all started when he was dx with low testosterone and is prescribed injections 200mg 1 time per week that my father in law gives him a shot. He started taking shots about 4 years ago. It has been a downward spiral since. He is not the same person I once knew we have been married for 14 years. His mood swings are awful. He loses his temper easily and it is almost like a rage. He expects sex 5 or 6 times a week and gets angry and moody if he doesn't get what he wants. I have researched it and there are some sites that do list these side effects. I have tried many times to talk to him about it and he will not listen responds with do you know I could die from having low testosterone. I just wonder if it produces some kind of high effect they like. Please feel free to message or reply if you need someone to relate who is experiencing the same issues.
I've been experiencing the exact same thing. EXACT! I'm glad I'm not alone... but I'm not glad this is something we have to endure. I've asked my husband if he will discontinue the injections. We'll see how that goes...
I have been taking Testosterone injections prescribed by Cenegenics for15 months.  At first, my sex drive was through the roof.  I also started a weight-lifting regimen and became very buff for a 56 year old.  I lost a lot of body fat and had a ton of energy.  I noticed (but chose to ignore) a change in my personality about 6 months ago.  And recently, I have been introverted, sad, moody and down-right rude to my friends and family.  I am going to call the doctor and talk about this.  And I believe it might be time to quit taking the injections.  
Hi Princess,

I went through precisely what you are describing at age forty after a bilateral orchiectomy. The shots were the problem because they had me high on testosterone one week and low a week later. My wife complained that it was like I was constantly and repeatedly going through puberty. Things reached a happy medium only after she had a talk with my doctor. The dosage was evened out and the mood swings went away. You need to see the doctor who is prescribing testosterone and tell him what's happening. Then, he may be able to rectify the problem.

Like your husband, I didn't see a problem. My wife did, and after her talk with him I got more even moods on a lower dosage.

Hope this helps.
I am experiencing this problem as well. I am young, 28, and have been on these shots since June 2013. I have been experiencing severe mood swings and have become someone I have never been. I am ruining the people around me and lost someone I care for very much. It did make me feel so much better as far as energy and such goes, but at this price I can't take it. I would rather be myself again than this negative person I have become. Losing something of this magnitude has drawn the line for me. I believe I'll have to look for alternative ways to feel better and avoid this route for the foreseeable future. This truly is a sad time in my life.
My story is so much like yours.  I was happily married for 15 years before my husband was diagnosed with "Low T" and given testosterone injections.  That was seven years ago and his moods and personality changes keep getting worse.  I explained the problem to his endocrinologist and that doctor told me that he doesn't do marriage counseling.  The general Practitioner wanted to increase his dose, the urologist was not concerned and said we should just keep getting the PSA tests, the naturopathic did recognize that he has been testing too high on testosterone levels, but didn't suggest any changes.  We are trying a new endocrinologist next month, but my expectations of getting help from the medical community are getting pretty low. I too have searched the internet for answers but almost all was pro-testosterone until the testosterone heart attack and stroke lawyers started advertising.  I am so happy to find this blog to confirm that it isn't just me.

I am hoping you other wives and testosterone patients that have had trouble with testosterone are still involved in this blog.  I am hopeful that if enough of us could put our experiences together, we could find some answers to this.

LowTwife.
I am experiencing the same thing since my husband started taking testosterone injections for low T.  It is getting progressively worse.  He is more aggressive and the mood swings are bad.  I just don't know what to do.  I have tried talking to him about it but he gets furious and says it is my fault.  This is not how he used to be.  We have been married for a long time but I just cannot imagine continuing to live like this.  It almost seems like he is addicted to the stuff.  When I say anything about the change, he really becomes so angry.  I never know who he is going to be from day to day.  He used to be  pretty even tempered person.  I just wish I knew what to do.  I thought about calling his doctor but if he finds out he will be livid.   I just can't believe what this medication has done to our lives.
Not sure what options for testosterone replacement are available these days because I've been totally off it for a few years. I don;t have the sex drive I used to but it's no longer at the top of my priority list, and I'm more comfortable without it.

I don't know if oral testosterone is still available, but it's what I was put on when the shots, and their side effects, became too much for my wife to handle. Like your men, I was having chronic puberty problems. The oral medication cured that and the mood swings disappeared. I was on Androgel for a time, but there is a caveat about that. Being a topical testosterone it can rub off on your wife while being intimate and cause her problems. I know of one woman who was so affected. Perhaps a consultation with your husband's urologist would be in order. We had to work with mine for a time to find what was right for me.

I'm willing to post any information I have available that may be of help so don't be shy to ask.

Norm
"One thing I notice in many of the posts here, is that the wife notices a big change in the husbands personality or mood for the worse after an injection, but the husband using the testosterone seems to think the time period right after he takes the injection is when he is happiest and at his best."

That's right on target Oregon. Testosterone provides a lift and a feeling of well being. I didn't recognize it till my wife broached the subject. Then I began to realize I was 'going through puberty' frequently.

I would suggest you have a conference with his doctor; just the two of you. If your hubby isn't there you can get better information on how to correct the situation.
Keep us posted how things work out.
Thanks so much for the resources you've shared. My sweetheart has been on T-injections for about 3 months now, and I have been searching and searching for information regarding elevated T-count and irritability/aggressiveness/mood swings, and I've not found much. We have been together for about 9 years, and he is a very sweet, loving, generous man, but - lately - he is extremely moody, and it is definitely affecting our relationship. (BTW: his count went from 270 to 711 and is probably higher now). Unfortunately, as some of the other commenters have noted, he is "like Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde" and never feels he's at fault for his outbursts or overreactions. It seems much worse with alcohol - I wonder if anyone else noticed this.

I am considering reaching out to his doctor. Thanks to you and to every one else for all of the advice and resources.

What's the name of the book your husband was reading?

Thanks again,
Elbow512
I posted back a couple of months ago and the problems are getting worse.  My husband is acting like a 14 year old boy.  He is distracted easily, easy to anger, and is very irritated that I am not responding like he thinks I should to his groping and aggressive behavior.  He is always irritated, whether it is at me, people at work, traffic, etc.  I have begged him to stop taking the stuff but he says his doctor knows better than me and he likes the way he feels.  I would love to know if any men on this forum can suggest something that might help me change his mind.  I really think he is addicted to it.  I feel like there is no reasoning with him.  And, for the first time in decades, I think he may have an affair because he thinks he is a teenager again, and I am not nor do I want to be.  Is this stuff addicting?  Can you come off of it and return to normal?  Can my life ever be the same?  
You need to have a one-on-one with his doctor without your husband present. Explain to him what is happening and he can adjust the dosage accordingly.

As I stated in a previous post, I've been through that and my wife caught on to it before I did. I was on shots, and the doctor switched me to an oral testosterone that made things much smoother. I've been totally off testosterone for several years and not certain oral medication is available.

It will be worth your time to have this conversation with his doctor.
Post those questions. They may be of help to someone. The more information, the better.
Good questions, all, and I remember going through some of the things they describe. My wife was much more in touch than I was at the time. She described me as 'going through puberty every month'. Fortunately, violence and possessiveness weren't among the things she had to put up with. We had a good rapport, and when she pointed them out to me I realized some adjustments needed to be made in my dosage. Things got ironed out in a couple of months.

In retrospect, it was tough being a teenager when I was 45. LOL.
Well, Oregon,

I'm somewhat at a loss for words about the lack of cooperation you're receiving from his doctor. Ours was quite cooperative, but we both had been his patients for several years prior. The numbers do appear to place your husband  in the normal range. I would hazard a guess that the best option at the moment is to wait the two months and keep written track of developments and changes along the way.

Something you haven't mentioned is your husband's age or whether he's in a stressful occupation. I wonder if he could have a situation at work he's not willing to discuss. Bad things happening there could account for the anger. That, however, is a topic for a different discussion. If you don't feel comfortable sharing, I will understand.

That's the best I can offer at the moment.
Thank you so very much for this forum!  Out of desperation, I myself looked on the web for help and "proof" that my husband' s change in personality, mood swings, anger, disrespectful attitude towards sex, etc., etc., etc., were associated with the injections of testosterone that he has been taking for 2 years now.  He is 50, I am 46, and after 25 years of marriage, there is a horrible and painful harm in our marriage due to his low T that was treated by gel, then injection, then gel, back now to injection as perceived and poorly monitored by a physician.  Thankfully, my husband recognizes this, and he is scaling back his injections with the hopes of discontinuing all together. I wonder if anyone on this forum can testify that they themselves, or there spouse had a vasectomy prior to needing the Testosterone.  I feel that there is a correlation, but no physician would dare comment other than emphatically stating that there is none. Thank you all for sharing, as I have been able to breath a sigh of relief knowing that I am not alone.
I had a vasectomy when I was around thirty but did not notice any changes.
Thank you so very much Norm9 for commenting.  Below are some articles that seem to support my theory.  In my case, my husband also suffered from stress, on BP meds, Cholesterol meds, diuretics, and of course this can create an environment of depression which can in fact lower testosterone production. However, the marked drop mostly occurred post-vasectomy. I have no numbers to prove this since his T levels were not checked by a physician prior to the vasectomy, I am only going on what I observed from a wife's point of view.  Taking the testosterone in any of the forms ( gels/ injections) makes a marked difference in his behavior.  He exhibits ALL of the descriptions above mentioned by Oregonbeekeeper, with the exception of a few, and the survey was incredibly accurate.  My husband usually manifests his symptoms on the 5th or 6th day after the injection, and the symptoms last for no less than 3 days.....sometimes longer.  He was taking .5 ML every 10 days, but just this week changed to .25 every 5-7 days to see if it makes a difference.  Yesterday was day 5 post injection, and like clockwork, the symptoms are there.  He scheduled himself for a vasectomy reversal in the hopes of returning to a healthy state, and eventually off the T all together.  I hope and pray for his success.

http://www.testosteroneproblems.com/causes-of-low-levels-of-testosterone-in-men/

http://www.vasectomy-information.com/moreinfo/fahey.htm

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/1/vasectomy-linked-to-low-testosterone-and-gyne/?wap2

Not quite sure what to add at this point. I read the articles Southelpl3 posted but don't agree with all their findings. That said, I've only my own experience to go on and can't speak for other men. It is subjective for each of us so we will likely see it differently. I do, however, believe there is a psychological aspect.

Of medical necessity I was on testosterone for fifteen years. When I decided to get off it I went through all the symptoms of a woman going through menopause. It did give me some understanding of how women feel about that. Despite the uncomfortable and sometimes embarrassing hot flashes I didn't have any other problems that I recall. I'm now comfortable without the testosterone and simply plan on aging gracefully. I do not know any other men who are in the same boat I am so I can't compare notes with anyone. The information you ladies have presented has given me some insight to how other men perceive the situation.
I have also spent countless hours in searching for information on the personality changes caused by testosterone replacement therapy.  It is frustrating to sort through so many sites promoting the therapy to find the few that discuss the side effects.  I have found that Internet searches with the same words or phrases through different search engines bring up very different results.  A good search term for more general bad side effects is "dangers of testosterone therapy", Yahoo brings up several good sites with a search for "Personality Changes Caused  by Low T and Testosterone Therapy" and Google has good results from "Testosterone, TRT, mood swings and roid rage".
Thank you for starting this discussion. I have known for some time that the LowT hormone treatment was affecting my husband's personality. Unfortunately, we are separated now and filing for divorce. I wrote his doctor in December of the personality changes that I and our close friends have noticed. She promised to keep this in mind when reviewing his blood tests with him in two weeks. Due to the Hippocratic oath she can't bring up details from my letter. She asked me to attend. I explained our situation. My husband refuses to let me attend. I have tried to discuss with him and he says he feels great and his personality hasn't changed. He is moody, very short tempered, posts crude sexual jokes to friends (they have complained), has had an affair, says he is this alpha male who wants to control everything. These changes are a complete switch from the man he was before starting this. Obviously, I do not want to stay with him. Yes, in many ways he acts like a teenager.
On another note, he uses a gel which has greatly increased his levels. It has not increased muscle mass or reduced his weight despite his exercising. His libido is low and he struggles to orgasm. He has also developed sleep apnea another side effect. He says it gives him energy, however I have not noticed this to be the case. He has been converting testosterone into too much estrogen and the doctor added a drug to attempt to block this .
This is a good doctor who has helped me tremendously with menopause. I have a higher metabolism now, a strong sex drive, no mood swings, great energy and received a glowing report from my gynecologist. I know she will do what she ethically can to help with this problem.
I post this as a warning to women who are starting to notice changes in their men's personalities. Don't wait act now.
The crazy thing about make hormone treatment is that men can raise their levels naturally through intense bursts during exercise, a healthy diet, and a weight loss plan. It is time for the medical community to wake up to the dangers of this treatment and push back at drug companies.
I was so happy when reading through everyone's posts. My husband has been on testosterone 1/2 ml every week for almost 2 years. prescribed by his primary care physician who only monitored him 2x. This past year has been nothing but a nightmare. One day he is sweet as can be and the next he is horrible. When I would bring up that I thought it may be related to the testosterone injections he would always say, yeah I knew you would blame it on that. Well I finally had enough. I told him that there were too many risks involved to take the medication without being closely monitored. He agreed to see an endocrinologist. He did a full set of blood work and come to find out his numbers were through the roof. His testosterone and estradiol levels were double the maximum range. We are not out of the woods yet but at least its a direction. Its good to know I am not the only 1 out there;)
Welcome aboard. I hope the information that's been posted is helpful to you. Got questions? Don't be afraid to ask.
Hi LowTwife2. I have heard many stories like the one you describe. If your husband DOES need testosterone to live a healthy life I would sagest Topical AndroGel (gel) instead of injections of testosterone. It would give him constant smooth use of testosterone since AndroGel (gel) is applied on a daily basis. I find that it is more efficient way of using testosterone. Because injections only give a good energy feeling for the fist week or so and after the effect goes away the person becomes moody, recitative etc. But (gel) version is applied every day, so the person feels the effect all the time. I have been thru that and it cost me my relationship with a very special someone. I don't want to see somebody else going thru that. Good Day
1. The problem is that your husband is going on and coming off of testosterone every couple of weeks. My guess is that as the T drops his estrogen level stays high. So he is going through menopause twice a month. I would suggest that he get on the pellets rather than the shots. This will give him an even dose during the six months the pellets are working. Costs about the same as shots really when all factors are considered. No mood swings with constant daily absorption of T into the blood.

2. He needs to take DIM in large quantities. I would suggest 400mg per day. This will prevent the estrogen levels from rising and increase his level of free T available in his blood for cells to actually use. If he had not been doing this, then this is the problem.
I'm so glad I found this post! My husband has been on the injections for over a year now and I'm just at my wits end with the mood swings. I've gotten to where I do my best to just ignore him but everything that goes wrong is my fault. I just can't take it anymore. I tried talking to his doctor not long after the injections started and my husband shot me down. He doesn't see any fault on his part and won't even consider stopping the injections, I'm not sure what I want to do next. He's trying to drag me to counseling at our church so they can tell me everything I'm doing wrong but I don't even know if I want to try. We've been together 15 years, married 11 and the past year has been a nightmare. I'm just tired.
I literally cried when I found this thread! I KNEW IT! would give ANYTHING to have my husband go to counseling! He simply refuses to do anything. Reading through all these women going through what I am currently going through makes me so emotional... and so angry! This crap is ruining lives! My family's anyway.... I have been with my husband for over 12 years and he rarely even raised a voice at me.... and then.... trt happened.
I've been strangled on more than one occasion and called  every name in the book. There truly was a stranger in my house and he won't even let me bring up any sort of conversation about the injections. It is all my fault. Name calling... degrading. I can't talk to his dr. Anymore because he took me off the list. he has since left me with my two kids nice out there acting like he is in his early twenties again. there are no words to describe how badly it hurts when the person who is tearing you apart is literally the only one who can make you feel better. I don't even know what to do he simply has chosen the testosterone over his family, & I just want my best friend back
My husband and I have been married for 38 years.  He started the testosterone injections about 4 years ago and my life has been hell.  He had a strong personality before but now it's like living with a monster. He makes threatening remarks, everything is an issue and I am beginning to fear for my life.  I feel bad about walking out on this marriage now and I feel sorry for him, he's 61 years old and nobody in his family wants anything to do with him anymore but I am beginning to feel the outbursts of this roller coaster ride.  My blood pressure is very high and I feel nervous and tense all the time.  I do not know if I should tell the doctor who is prescribing the testosterone shots about this.
I am going through the same thing, it's hell on earth.  The testosterone shots that my husband administers are destroying our 38 year old marriage.  I do not know why more people don't talk about this.  I'm afraid of going to speak with his doctor behind his back but it's either that or divorce court.  I feel horrible about leaving a 61 year old man who's the father of my 3 children alone at this time but I am sick and tired of the insults.  I thought these were going to be happy times with our granddaughters and more free times, God was I wrong.  
My husband just had his second dose of T. He drinks nightly. We have two daughters, 9 and will be 11 tomorrow, that want us to divorce very badly. We haven't been in the best place emotionally in our marriage lately to begin with, a LOT of arguing to the point that I asked for a divorce two weeks ago. The agreement was made that if he had any further outbursts or spoke so horribly to me with vulgar language for the girls to hear that he would pack his bags, agree to a divorce and leave. I have noticed all week that during the day when we are on the phone things are great/happy. But by the time we are nearing time to eat dinner after all getting home around 5 and he is usually 3 drinks in by then, he has this attitude that he might as wells scream I can't stand you! You make me sick! You have got to be the biggest idiot in this world! He has started going through my phone all the time which doesn't bother me because I have nothing to hide, but he gets on my facebook, he isn't on fb and has no clue how to work it, and quizzes me about stuff that isn't even on my page which the end result is usually a screaming argument of what a piece of S&*()& i am, I make him sick and he doesn't want to look at me. Then the next day in sobriety he is terribly remorseful to the point that it breaks my heart for him and we agree to stay together and try. I think the testosterone treatment, even only 2 weeks in, are making him a total basket case and I fear that things are going to come to a head again in the next few months because I can see it in him that he is about to explode emotionally anyway. He was doing some heavy deep breaths last night to keep from going off on me. I hope this helps validate where you are coming from because I agree that mixing the alcohol with the treatment makes it even worse.
I truly have your solution. All of the patient wife's please hold on to your husband. My life is finally saved as well as my wife's life. But, it took losing everything dear. So please listen and don't go through what we did. I had a tumor discovered in 2000. It had caused hypogonadism which in turn made my testosterone levels 12 at the age of 28. Testosterone is vital to a mans body. In so many ways. The lack of testosterone can cause as many problems as the spike. You will shorten your life and you pleasure of life without it. That's before we even talk about sex. Without it a man will lose 40 percent of his muscle mass with no other indications. That will immediately trigger a 30 percent weight gain or more. By no choice of the man. The mood swings that are related are not even known by men suffering from this issue. If any of them are like me and so many I have found they had no idea the harm they wer causing. In fact after only one year on traditional testosterone I went from a loving husband to a wild mean man. I literally lost my memory for the largest part of 12 years. For some reason I was able to function at work and even excell. But at home I am told I was a different person than my wife married. Well in 2010 I started to catch glimpses of how bad it had gotten. I mad every effort known to man to become a better husband and man. And I thought I did. Later I found out that I was only this man when I was in the center of the dosing schedule. But my wife had already written us off. She had started an emotional affair. In 2012 I caught her face book screen and it came to light that she was unhappy and I had been this horrible man for years. Well she is still responsible for what she did. She broke our marriage vows and my heart. You see I was the same man inside as I was in 1999. I had very little knowledge or recollection of any bad deeds. So in my mind she was the devil. Well she had done the most horrible thing I could imagine. But I came to find out that I indeed had become this person I didn't know. I had taken a very long vacation. I immediately went to work on courses in anger management and she worked on her side to get teenaged in the marriage. Although things improved the Jekyll and Hyde shortly returned. I became depressed when she shared with me to a point I had a total nervous breakdown. While in this state, we hired all the best doctors money could buy. We engaged the medical system and dared them to fix whatever was wrong. Well one by one we hired and fired doctors. We ended up with a group of 7 that are work renowned. Every kind of displine. It was determined it was not mental, but the break down was. In the end this group narrowed it down to my massive sensitivity to testosterone schedules. I was entered in what at that point was a trial and is now commonly practiced. DAILY SUBCUTANIOUS TESTOSORONE CYPRONATE LIFE LONG THERAPY. I USE A DIABETIC NEEDLE AND INJECT IN THE FATTY AREA IN MY HIP, LEG, STOMACHED, OR ANYWHERE ELSE .12 of TESTOSORONE at 6:30 am EVERY SINGLE DAY. Our life's changed day by day for 16 months until I am better than I ever was and maintain an 800 level with no aggression.
You see the human body starts producing the hormone at about 6:30 am and slows to a trickle at night time. They mimicked the body. This ever two weeks or gels or all the other methods never did this. Yes it's a little prick. But grow up boys. What if you were diabetic. Total cash cost 60.00 per month including supplies. And our marriage is better and I am the man she married. I have shared this with dozens of others and watched the same transformation. I read these posts and thought of my poor wife all those years. Don't stop taking it. Take it the right way. We spent 200,000.00 cash to learn this. As insurance only wants to pay for what didn't work. The doctors we hired half we researchers at the major universities. We spent the money. Now go demand that your doctors quit either padding the pharmacuticals pockets or just being un able to treat something they don't understand. Yes we are wealthy. But all that money didn't fix our marriage. Hard work and the proper inexpensive treatment did. Use our experience. And don't go off anything. You will lose so much. Why? When there is a proper way. The way the body does it. No highs and lows. And NO ******* HUSBANDS. OR DISAPPEARING GOOD MEN.
After finding out I was way low in the t department I got testapel implants. It was a game changer for me. Realize that a man who has been low for a long time is not used to the feeling. It is like being a teenager again only teenagers get a write off because well they are teen agers. Now I am not in a relationship so I don't know how I might appear to others, but my co worker noticed me smiling joking and being happier than I had been in a long time.
  The testosterone is a good thing believe me, someone who is not a jerk will not start acting out unless in fact he really is a jerk and now feels the energy to express what an *** they are. Awareness is the thing, he is your husband and that is valuable so talk together like equals. If he chooses to continue to act like an *** that is a choice and not because of testosterone. There is a wide range of testosterone levels considered "normal" 500 is a good place to be not to high not to low. Also if he is converting some of it in to estrogens then he is getting to much and this will cause man boobs and moodiness.
  Main thing I want to say is find the guy you loved in there and ask him what's going on, does he value what you guys worked so hard to build. If so he has got to get a grip. So in a way I am saying you have to man up and meet his new masculinity head on.
  I hope that was helpful.
I never wanted my husband to start testosterone therapy.  He had low t but was starting because he wanted a better work out. It has turned into 3 years of nightmares. Married almost 22 years and I just found a least 4 ****** he's been having an affair with all at the same time, including a secretary 15 years younger than him at work. I had no idea why he was acting the way he was. He was screwing them in the back of his work van that his daughter and I were in all the time. He refused to get tested at first standing by all his ****** saying they didn't give him anything.  He finally got tested...he gave me stds. I think he still feels justified in all he did, that he deserved these ******. Meanwhile our children and myself are shattered. He refuses to talk about any of it. He continues to lie and keep his secrets. I talked to 2 of the married ****** that placed ads on craigslist and got my husband. He told them he loved them and was with them all for a long time and told them he was only with mr because our youngest of 4 needed both parents. They all thought they were the only one.  News flash! I thought I was the only one. I know I have to file for divorce because he just wants me to keep my mouth shut and move on like nothing happened all while he had loads of fun. He's off the testosterone since April but it took months to get out of his system.  He was injecting 3/4 ml every week. He was taking naked pictures and sending them to all these ****** that he screwed. He was still secretly with them up until August but telling me there wasnt anyone. He should have left me! That's what I tell him. I had no idea he was in love with all these people. I was a good wife. Testosterone ruining our life and made a good man a scumbag.
Hi Miles. Thank you so much for posting this! My husband is a different person since being on the T therapy. How long have you been doing it this way? Long term effects? Also have heard it doesn't absorb as well when injected into the fat. Thanks so much for your help.
I am 31 years old, I have been on TRT for 2.5 years now and have not had any of the problems that are being described in here.  The only side effect I've really had to deal with is a bit of acne here and there.  

What I suspect a lot of you are dealing with is related to one of two things:  One could be the injections are not frequent enough so there is a roller-coaster effect of highs and lows depending on how far from the injection the man is.  I take 50mg twice a week and I am stable and so much happier than I was with low T.  The other could be that the doctor is not properly (or at all) managing estradiol levels.  Testosterone is converted to estrogens through a process called aromatization.  Some men require an additional drug called an aromatase inhibitor to help keep estrogen levels down.  One thing that can drive this need is excess fat.  Fatty tissue is loaded with aromatse enzymes so more fat = more estrogen.  I am pretty lean and do not require an aromatase inhibitor on my dose.  

The main thing that you really need to be doing is getting bloodwork done and staying on top of this stuff especially in the early going while things get dialed in.  Best of luck to everyone.  Testosterone therapy has been a major improvement in my life and I'm sorry that it is not working out as well for many of you!!  
I'm 9 months into a live in relationship with a man I am in love with deeply. He has been on testosterone for many years and the week of the injection I walk on egg shells. He is on a 2 week regiment. He is verbally abusive and tells me he can't stand to look at me. In the 9 months 3 big arguments and his answer is to walkout on the relationship then decides he's been an *** . In devedtsted. As a highly educated woman with a high profile career I have never encountered such abuse from a hormone.
Wow! I am so amazed at the similarities I have been experiencing with my husband of 22 years!!    He is 50 and has been acting crazy angry and everything is about sex, even though we have great intimacy (when he is not an ***). Today I was contacting attorneys to prepare for divorce.
Then I discovered a STASH of testosterone and needles. I do not know where he got it, but not thru a doctor, just self administering.  I kept thinking he was going crazy, our teen daughters will not speak to him and want us to divorce.
I have noticed he has been very energetic and chatty with everyone.  He has always been very muscular, hairy and sexual so I have no idea why he would mess with his T levels.  I'm sure he heard a radio commercial or something on the internet.  Nothing speaks about the anger and mood side effects.  It has been a nightmare.  He has threaten suicide to the point of having a gun.  It was awful, but I had no idea that he was using testosterone.
Although I have to say the sex was good, but absolutely not worth the hell if  his daily quota was not met, he would go into a rage screaming at me.  Then of course who wants to be with a man like that.  Then a week later he would be so sweet and charming.  I am assuming it was due to the T levels.  This post has given me hope that he will return to the NORMAL man I love,  not that he is perfect but never so mean and angry.  We have always been best friends and work together successful everyday, so it has been so sad.
Of course I disposed of the evil drug, sounds like it may take awhile for his system to restore.
Praying for him and our family!
He needs to have his dosage adjusted. Perhaps a shot every week or go on the patches. I've been on both and the patches are easier to deal with. No mood swings.
i am a low T male, just had a holy crap moment this weekend, screaming rage of anger, thought it was my medication but until reading this site I can see its the test inj I have been taking. now to talk to the doc's and see if this can be changed. as a male taking the injections I can tell you its a big difference when you get your levels up. before I was depressed, no energy, and that was getting to me bad, now I guess im on the other end of the spectrum and need to retreat!