How much pain should I be in after a bulbar urethroplasty buccal graft?
IMO, my doctor did an absolute hack job.  I was told that the surgery was at most going to take 4 hours, I was in surgery for 8 hours.

The doctor admitted that he screwed up the first graft, although of course in doctor speak he only said "that he wasn't satisfied" with it the first time he did it.

My cheek that he took the graft from is so painful that after 5 days I still can not consume anything but liquids.  And, I don't mean blend up a smoothie and drink it, I mean pure liquids with no salt or any irritants.  There is no way that he didn't take two grafts from my cheek, the one he was supposed to, and the one he took after he screwed up.  I would equate the pain from consuming any food with a burning cigar being pressed into my cheek.

Every single piece of literature I have read, and every single nurse that I have talked to, has said that I can return to a normal diet just a couple of days after surgery.  Either that is the biggest load of cr@p ever, or I was the victim of a serious hack job, I am going with the latter.

Can anyone else please share their experience?  I am seriously considering a medical malpractice lawsuit, as the doctor is clearly avoiding me and every nurse in his office is suddenly hush hush about providing any details about why the surgery took 4 hours longer than the supposed maximum time.

To top it off, he burned my lip so severely with the cauterizing iron that I have a massive blister that will take at least a month to heal.  He was "really sorry" about that.