Urology Community
How strattera affects the urinary system

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hi i am 17 years old and im on strattera for about a week and a half . I started with a 25 mg dose and after a week i went on 40 mg . From the recent  beggining of my therapy i started having symptoms such as decreased sex drive with my relationship and an impotence to achieve "hard " errection sometimes, symptoms that dont insist and i would like to believe tha they are due to psychosomatic reasons as i got terrified when i read the possible side effects of strattera. But what really bothers me is that the quantity of my ejaculation has been decreased and also it has no pressure itslike i cant control the muschle that controls the urine flow . And i thought about problems with my prostate etc As i searched the net about prostate irritation and other symptoms from other people tha experience same problems with strattera. I would like to ask if strattera can possibly affect the urinary system at all although it is called non stimulant or if it is just a story fed from my fear.... Thx for your patience!
Hi there!

Yes, strattera could be responsible for both the sexual and urinary side effects. If the symptoms are more than mild, I would suggest seeking a review with your prescribing doctor for a possible change in medications.
Hope this helps.

Take care!