Urology Community
How strattera affects the urinary system
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How strattera affects the urinary system

Hi i am 17 years old and im on strattera for about a week and a half . I started with a 25 mg dose and after a week i went on 40 mg . From the recent  beggining of my therapy i started having symptoms such as decreased sex drive with my relationship and an impotence to achieve "hard " errection sometimes, symptoms that dont insist and i would like to believe tha they are due to psychosomatic reasons as i got terrified when i read the possible side effects of strattera. But what really bothers me is that the quantity of my ejaculation has been decreased and also it has no pressure itslike i cant control the muschle that controls the urine flow . And i thought about problems with my prostate etc As i searched the net about prostate irritation and other symptoms from other people tha experience same problems with strattera. I would like to ask if strattera can possibly affect the urinary system at all although it is called non stimulant or if it is just a story fed from my fear.... Thx for your patience!
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Yes, strattera could be responsible for both the sexual and urinary side effects. If the symptoms are more than mild, I would suggest seeking a review with your prescribing doctor for a possible change in medications.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979