Urology Community
How to maintain Creatinine low

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

How to maintain Creatinine low

HI I am 58 years old, Once my potassium level was increased from 5 to 7.7 within 24 hrs. my doctor suggested to undergo dialysis an dafter 3 dialysis my potassium level is normal and i have a creatinine level of 3.4 it was maintained the same creatinine for 3 days after stopping dialysis.. so i am worried abt the dialysis and how can i keep myself the creatinine level and the K level low in the blood . any suggestions plz..
    Thanks for writing in. Creatinine is a chemical waste molecule that is generated from muscle metabolism. Creatinine is produced from creatine, a molecule of major importance for energy production in muscles.

Creatinine has been found to be a fairly reliable indicator of kidney function. As the kidneys become impaired the creatinine level in the blood will rise. Normal levels of creatinine in the blood vary from gender and age of the individual.

Normal levels of creatinine in the blood are approximately 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams (mg) per deciliter (dl) in adult males and 0.5 to 1.1 milligrams per deciliter in adult females.
So as the function of the kidney improves the level of creatinine will get back to normal in the blood. Kidney function can be monitored by getting an estimate of creatinine, urea and potassium.

Repeat the kidney function tests and if persistently high you might again require dialysis.
All the best.
i m happy to find this site
hi
my uncle is diabetic and is having high creatinine level and kidney disease..he is a candidate for dialysis..question is how do we lower his creatinine level..and what diet should we give him (with the thought that he is diabetic and suffering from kidney disease and is having a high creatinine level)

hope to hear from you soon.

thanks,

jay