Urology Expert Forum
Hydra seal - Post Op

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Hydra seal - Post Op

Okay - Here is brief description.
I was mis diagnosed with epidimitis and took anti-biotics for about 12 months eventually I recieved an ultra sound and the diagnosis was changed to (by then) chronic hydra-seal.  The hydra seal was removed successfully (although one of the arteries to my testicle was breached).  I was examined about six months later and given the all clear.  Now two years later I still get moderate pain, periodically, I still swell (not as much) periodically and I certainly have noticed that the nature of my erections has changed.  The swelling discomfort doesnt seem to have a pattern, besides possibly stress and maybe smoking marijuana.  Another thing I have noticed is that my urine is quite low pressure although this goes back to my early teens at least.
So here are the question(s)
1 What really causes hydra seal?
2 Is my discomfort normal and what should I do about it?
3 In the Los Angeles area is there a urologist that you would recommend (my operation was done in Ireland where my health coverage is)?
Thank you
Tags: urologist
Hello - thanks for asking your question.

1) Hydroceles are believed to arise from an imbalance of secretion and reabsorption of fluid from within the anatomy of the scrotum.

2) Regarding the discomfort, it is difficult to say without examining your.  I would repeat the scrotal ultrasound to make sure there is no other masses or diseases present.  You should also visit the urologist to make sure that the prostate is ok.

3) Here is the website from the American Urological Association. You can find a urologist near you for a second opinion:
http://www.urologyhealth.org/find_urologist/

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
A related discussion, Hydra seal operation was started.