Hydrocele & low sex drive?
Hello.....

My boyfriend has had an enlarged testicle since he was very young. It recently grew very big and he was diagnosed with a hydrocele and he is having surgery on it in a week. I was just wondering if there is any sort of correlation between a hydrocele and low sex drive. We have been together for a year and a half and he is 21. Well, he has such a low sex drive! and it has been like that since the beginning. He is not like most "normal" 20-21 year olds who want sex all the time. When his hydrocele was recently diagnosed I started wondering if maybe that had something to do with his low drive. If anyone knows anything about this, would love to hear it!

A hydrocele does not affect sexual drive.

There may me many causes of reduced sexual drive. However, what is normal for a particular age is not detremined based on hearsay.

If you really suspect that he has a low sex drive, it would be best to have his hormone levels evaluated (testosterone, etc.).

Meanwhile, an open-minded discussion with him would help evaluate the cause of the problem and will create a more conducive atmosphere to pursuing further discussion.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards