Urology Community
Hydrocele Surgery after effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hydrocele Surgery after effects

My husband is 40 years old. Last month he had a hydrocele repaired; about 6 years ago he was diagnosed with prostatitis ever since his surgery his prostate has been bothering him.  He has been to his doctor and they gave him some medicine but it hasn't helped. He went back to the doctor and was told that he hasn't waited long enough for the medicine to work. Is it possible for the fluid that built up in the testicle to now being built up around the prostate?  He still has blood in is urine also.  Would seeing an urologist be able to help?  Any advice would be wonderful.
     Thanks for writing in. Hydrocelectomy usually has no complications, if present also they could be related to the surgical site, but not the prostrate. There is no accumulation of fluid around prostrate.
I think it is just BPH, that is bothering your husband. In men over 40 years, there is a chance of benign enlargement of the prostrate causing obstructive symptoms, pain in the pubic region, urgency, frequency etc. The other reason could be infection to the prostrate.
I would suggest that your husband continues the prescribed course of treatment and if the symptoms persist an examination of the prostrate would be necessary.
Best.