Urology Community
Hydrocelectomy And Testicle's

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hydrocelectomy And Testicle's

I had a  vasectomy and a Hydrocelectomy  done 1 week ago on right testicle ..all is going well no real pain ,swelling has substantially reduced, wound is healing.

however  Ive come to notice that my testicle is attached to the incision ..during an erection the testicle is towed along with the incision ,which results in burning sensation ,quite irritable in my right groin ,lower abdomen,to the point that it is now front and almost center of my penis and very much raised into a position that it will restrict  inter-course...
The pain is more intense,as well as the burning when the scrotum is tightened up and an erection begins to happen ..

I have no idea if this is normal ..and is really playing hard on my emotion's
I managed to get a call though to the surgeon's office this morning ..
A rather unsettling OHH ..in a tone of unexpectedness ....is what i got on the other end
Left a message for the Doc to get back to me ..

This ..isn't supposed to happen is it ?, if it does its rare right ..I'm expecting to be just told to live with it ..easy for a guy that's not quarreling with his own manhood..

I mean geez the hydrocele wasn't bad enough now this ..
Office closed //no call ...doctors my as well be lawyers ...
hey, i recently had a hydrocelectomy done on the 3rd of july, which didnt work, and resulted in a bigger hydrocele, which was kind of in a...semicircle/triangular shape, and triangulated at the incision point, so yeah, it was attached to the incision point, so maybe u got a recurrance? theyre supposed to be very rare though, and i think i got mine because my surgeon didnt take enough of the hydrocele sack thingy off, but there's a number of different causes for a recurrance, had mine a second time a week ago, and its infected now...i havn't had much luck haha

In 1999 I had a vasectomy and developed a hematoma after requiring emergency surgery to remove the blood cloth. The result was that the left testicle was fixed in the scrotum. When the surgery is done the testicle is attached to the inner muscular tissue of the testicle. This caused discomfort sitting or like mentioned with an erection.
One thing that I ended up with was a small hole in the scrotum that never healed. A year later while at the urologist I asked if the testicle would be able to be freed up. I was told that there was no problem and that if I was to undergo surgery, I should be prepared to loose the testicle during surgery as a complication. I did not opt for the surgery but a week later ended up with my scrotum having become the size of a large grapefruit. After having been at the local hospital for about a week being on IV antibiotics I was rushed to a city hospital. I had an emergency surgery orchiectomy to the left testicle. It happed to be my birthday. When I woke up the urologist joked that it was my birthday and askied if I had a ball.
The problem is that with these procedures you sign a conscent to have anything done to be deemed needed by the urologist. I spent at least another 8 days in intensive care isolation.

Once the testicle has been fixed to the tunica (I believe) you run the risk of loosing the testicle by having surgery to free it.

In 2006 I ended up with an inquinal hernia at the right side. It was an emergency surgery and they used a mesh to repair it. Now the remaining testicle is sort of fixed in the scrotum. Certain movements cause discomfort but I'm not willing to risk the remaining testicle.

To make things worse, today I noticed swelling and pain on the right site near the surgery scar. I'm afraid that the hernia repair let go. I hope that it will not jeopardise the remaining testicle.

My advise is not to undergo surgery as there is a risk that you might loose the affected testicle.

All the best.

Ron