Urology Community
Hydrocil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hydrocil

I am a 64 yr old man. For the past year or so I noticed enlargement of my right testis. It has also become hard and is painful.  Recently, (4monthsago) when I underwent Cystoscopy for strictures and BPH followed by urethral dilatation after a gap of a month I had mentioned to the surgeon about the conditon of the testis. He had advised against surgery at that point of time. Another factor to be noted is that in 2001 I was operated upon for hernia on both sides.The surgeon had explained about supporting the testicles with proper briefs.I do use supporting briefs. Now the testis pains enough to cause discomfort. In addition the there is painful inflamation (inflammation) of nerves on either side of the genital.I have following questions.
1.If the inflamation (inflammation) of the nerves is caused by excessive wt. of the testis ? What remedy is suggested ?
2. Do I need to get the Hydrocil surgically removed to get rid of the pain ? Or it can be cured by -reduced to near normal size- by medication.
3.What is the side effect of removal of hydrocil ?
   How are you? Hydrocele is fluid accumulated in the sac that surrounds the testicles (sex gland in men where sperm is produced). Older men are more prone to it. It is an elastic, smooth and painless enlargement of the testicle. But with the symptoms you mentioned i feel it is not hydrocele. Have you been diagnosed by your doctor that you have a hydrocele?
Other causes of swelling and pain in testicles are varicocele, testicular cysts, testicular cancer, rarely certain infections can also cause swelling and pain in the testicle. Diagnosis can be made by getting a physical examination done and ultrasound scrotum done.
Coming to the treatment of hydrocele, if a hydrocele doesn't disappear after a year or if it continues to enlarge, it may need to be surgically removed. Surgical treatment involves hydrocelectomy. Surgical risks include blood clots, infection and injury to the scrotum.

Another option is to remove the fluid in the scrotum with a needle. This treatment isn't widely used because it's common for the fluid to return. Risks of this proceedure include infection and injury.
Consult your urologist for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment accordingly.
Take care.
Thanks for your opinion. I will certainly have it examined by the urologist to confirm the diagnosis. Until then could you please let me know the cause of inflamation (inflammation)/pain suffered in the nerves/ligaments(? I really do not know) surrounding the genitals, especially if there is physical activity such as lifting weights say about 10kgs or more, or hectic activity including kicking the bike etc ?
hai madom,

i am jayakrishnan.25 years old,
how to cause hydrocil in our marriage life..plse give me a answer,,,, because ,my marriage is fixed..i am tottaly disappointed.
thanx
jayakrishnan.