Urology Expert Forum
Hyperdense Cyst?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hyperdense Cyst?

After recent blood work, it was discovered by my endocrinologist that I had five times the normal amount of aldostrone and renin in my bloodstream. After having ruled out renal artery stenosis vvia a renal scan, he advised that it probably was a renin producing tumor. I just had a CT scan which showed the following: one 1.5x1.5 cm. "nodule" on the lower pole of the L kidney and a 1cm. "hyperdense" lesion also on the lower pole. By the wqy, I had fatty infiltration of the L lobe of the liver, don't know if this has anything to do with the other stuff. My question is, what is a "hyperdense" lesion, and is it usually malignant? Could the nodule also be cancerous.? What is the procedure if they are benign, as I experiance incidents of severe hypertension that is barely controlled with medication. I do have constant lower left back pain, but no hematuria as of yet. Are these guys producing the renin, and is that a sign of malignancy? Thank you for any response and info you might give me, as you might be able to discern, I'm quite worried, as my sister had breast cancer two years ago. Thanks again