Urology Community
I Really Don't Know How to Sum This Up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I Really Don't Know How to Sum This Up

Hi.

I know this post is really long but I'm in a really horrible situation and I'm in but I'd really appreciate any help that people can give me. Thanks.
          So, to start, I'm an 18 year old uncircumsised male. I'm also a virgin, so I don't think this can be an STD. I know this might sound strange but it was only about two years ago that I realised you were supposed to pull back the foreskin. Anyway, when I did, there were a load of these white/yellow crust things. I think it might have been some kind of a build of of smegma that had hardened or something like that.

Anyway, when I started getting rid of them, I realised that there was one tiny ring all around the head where the foreskin was kind of fused to the head. I don't know if this was the right or wrong thing to do, but I just pulled them apart myself, i didn't feel anything but mild pain, and there was no blood or anything.

Well, at that stage I was kinda relieved to have gotten the whole foreskin thing sussed out and to have gotten rid of anything weird in there, but it only gets worse... I was kinda weirded out by my whole new looking penis so I went on the internet to check everything was okay. But this leads me onto what's currently wrong. I think I'll do this part in bullet points so as to avoid confusing myself and anyone else who tries to read this.

-The lips at the tip of my penis are a red/pinky colour (Although it can vary a lot within this general range it's definately not the same colour as the rest of the head). It looks quite iritated but doesn't really hurt at all.
             -There is a patch of of red dicolouration on the head itself. When I look at it closely it seems like it might be made up of tiny little red bumps under the skin.
             -When I ejaculate, It seems to leak *** for a fair while afterwards. I also can get a small bit of pee leakage. But that's generally within a few minutes of going to the bathroom. A small bit will just shoot out if I sit down suddenly, jump, or do womething else like that.
             -The scrotum area itself seems to be slightly red. But I can't tell if this is just it's normal colour, especially seeing as its colour can cary quite a bit too (but not as much as the lips.) There are also little bumps at all the hair follicles, but i'm told this can be normal.

Well that's pretty much what's bothering me. Since I've realised that something's wrong down there I've been to the doctor three times, although I never felt comfortable enough to give them the full history about the whitey stuff I found down there. The first time I was told it was yeast he gave me an antifungal cream and sent home,it didn't work so I came back again and was given a stronger antifungal cream (Dermovate) as well a single tablet. When this didn't work I bacome kinda hopeless about the whole thing so I didn't go back again until a few months ago. I was told that i had non candidal balanitis that time and given a new cream (fusidin). Well that didn't work either so now I decided to try the internet for advice.

At this stage i'm getting incredibly frustrated with the whole thing so If anyone can help me or give me a bit of advice I would really be incredibly grateful.

Thanks, Kev.
Hi, the fact that you had a ring of the foreskin attached to the glans (glands) is normal. This most likely would have been resolved by itself during intercouse.

Most males will be able to retract their foreskin before their teens. For most it takes place before they reach the age of four.

By not having been able to or just not having retracted the foreskin there will be a substance called smegma. For most it will just wash up by washing the penis with the skin retracted.

The red coloring of the glans (glands) and meatus (opening of the urethra) can be the result of balanitis. It might take several treatments before the balanitis clears up.

The redish looking glans (glands) and meatus could be due to the foreskin having been covering it up until recently. You also have to take in account that there is a piece of skin (the frenulum) that runs from the meatus to the foreskin. This area will look redish.

Be frank and up front with your doctor, only a doctor who can physically see your penis can make a proper diagnosis. Most doctors will have seen several different conditons and you won't have to be ashamed.

Due to urological problems I have seen numerous doctors who have seen and handled my penis to determine what the problem was. At first I was aprehensive as well but now after over 22 years of this I'm no longer afraid to have my penis looked at. Currently I'm 46 and will have another one of those appointments (cystoscopy) this September.

All the best.

Ron

All the best.

Ron