Urology Community
I have a suspected UTI and I noticed that blood is coming out with the ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have a suspected UTI and I noticed that blood is coming out with the urine, can this wait until Monday?

I called my Urologist's office today, the nurse said the doctor was off today and there isn't anything she can do until Monday except for getting a lab order put in for a urine culture, that I did have done. The only symptoms I had when I called her were frequency, bad smelling and cloudy urine, and vaginal pain when I urinate. Now it's those symptoms plus blood coming out when I urinate, I'm not on my period. Is it ok to let this be until Monday or should I go to a walk in clinic tomorrow? If it makes any difference I'm a 23yr old female, I'm not pregnant or sexually active.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Blood in urine is called hematuria. Most often it is related to urinary tract problems like kidney stones, inflammation of urinary tract, infections of the urinary tract, renal vein thrombosis, certain kidney tumors and polycystic kidney disease, blood coagulation disorders and anticoagulants.

Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

The treatment will depend on the cause of the blood in the urine.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep us posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

Thank you for your answer.  I ended up waking up Sunday(May 1st) with a 103 degree fever.  I went to the walkin clinic, they sent me to the ER and it turns out I had a kidney infection.  I was in the hospital for 4 days and I'm now starting to feel better.