Urology Community
I have a varicocele and low testosterone; should I get microsurgery or ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have a varicocele and low testosterone; should I get microsurgery or embolisation?

Which procedure is best for correcting low testosterone (caused by the varicocele)?

The varicicocele on my left testicle is obviously visible to the eye, so the ultrasound I have scheduled for next month to confirm it is not going to tell me anything I don't know, BUT I do not know whether I should request an embolisation or a microsurgical varicocele?

I believe I have symptoms of low testosterone and would like to increase it; given that, which procedure is recommended? Is there any difference in the medical literature between the two procedures, as regards testosterone improvements? I suspect microsurgery is the best option.

Many thanks. This means a lot to me.