Urology Community
I have and enlarged and Harden Left Testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have and enlarged and Harden Left Testicle. Within a few days out of the blue my left testicle has become enlarged and hard. Could this be testicular tumor.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

If this occurred in a few day's time, then I would be thinking of a more acute process like an infection or trauma. However, you have not mentioned of any pain, redness or swelling in the area which I think may suggest a more likely infectious process to be involved.

How old are you?

I suggest a scrotal/testicular ultrasound be done to have this assessed. Cystic growths, hydroceles and varicoceles may cause swelling and enlargement of the scrotum. These should be considered first.
I dont have any other symptoms. Just the left testicle that has become enlarged. The testical is smooth with no lumps just enlarged and hard. it occurerd within about 2 days. There was some pain at first. At first I felt pain above the left testical on my Scrotum it was a little swolen. I first tought I was getting a boil on my scrotum but then in  about 2 days my testicle became enlarged  I have not had any other symptoms no fatigue ,tiredness, or any other symptoms. The scrotum is no longer iritated but the left tasticle is enalrged some slight pain, like a troubing pain, nothing painful. Its not as big as it was a few days ago. Iam mainly concerend about this being a tumor. Can a tumor develop out of the blue on a testicle like that. withing in about only 2 days. I have had a history of boils but not in this area. Is  there something else that this may be. Thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This does not sound like a natural history of a testicular tumor. You have noted the testicles to enlarge within two days which I believe may be fairly rapid. Tumor growths may be noted gradually and they may appear in well defined areas of the testicles. I suggest that you have a scrotal ultrasound done. This will help visualize the scrotal structures and rule out involvement of other areas. This will help determine if the enlargement may be due to a cyst or a solid mass.