Urology Community
I have blood in my urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have blood in my urine

Hi, I went to a urologist today who told me that I have microscopic blood in my urine.  I feel fine, but he wants to have a CT scan and another test for my bladder....is this possibly cancer?
Avatar_dr_m_tn

Microscopic hematuria can be due to urinary tract (bladder) infection, swelling in the filtering system of the kidneys ,stone in bladder or in a kidney, blood disease, like sickle cell anemia, certain medicines and tumors in the urinary tract.
You may need a series of investigations like urine examination, urine culture, ultrasound or cystoscopy to confirm the diagnosis. Please consult a urologist and get it done.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.

Thank you so much for your comments.  I have a CT scan and another test where they use a scope to check out my bladder area, etc scheduled.....is this the cystoscopy?

Again, thanks much!!!!