Urology Community
I have no clue whats going on..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I have no clue whats going on..

Well lets start from the beginning, about mid Feb I started having a urethral discharge. The discharge is white at most times, occasionly clear. Seems influenced by the fluids I take in (ie: engergy drinks or soda). Some days its worse then others. I went to the ER to have blood work, urinalysis, HIV antibody test and swab done. The blood work came back fine for the most part, wbc count was elevated but still in the reference range of "normal". The urinalysis showed a moderate count of wbc which makes sense considering theres some sort of infection causing this discharge. The only thing that showed up was strep (group b). I've read that its not really uncommon for people to have a small amount of this bacteria, but regardless that was the only thing that came back on it. The HIV test came back negative as well as the swab came back negative for Gon/Chlamydia. They diagnosed me with with NSU pending the test results (stated above) and gave me an antibiotic cocktail (6 pills). This cocktail made very little difference, as the symptoms persisted. I waited ever so unpatiently for about 3 weeks and the symptoms never ceased which goes to say the cocktail didnt do the job. I then went to an urgent care to get another perspective on my condition. Having had the previous test done and them coming back negative the doctor chose to take another culture of the discharge to test for all other bacteria that could be causing this. He gave me a 10 day (twice daily) script of Doxycycline 100mg to take while waiting for the results of that culture. Called back a few days later and they said there was no sign of bacteria outta the normal flora for humans. By this point im going nuts anyway cuz this situation certainly has me uneasy and no results or answers as to whats going on. I took the script of Doxycycline as directed and noticed only a mild change as the symptoms only stumbled a few days and continued to persist even thru the antibiotics. So i went back and took all the test results from the ER visit so he could look them over. Maybe we could make some headway by viewing them. He gave me with a script of Clindamycin 7 days (twice daily) to treat the strep since it was the only thing that has shown up at all. I took the script as prescribed and noticed the biggest change on this medication but the symptoms persisted thru this script. It was greatly reduced midway thru having only a small discharge in the mornings and little or no thru the day, but returned full force once the script was gone. I only occasionally have a burning sensation after urination ( a total of maybe 4) during all this, and had some kidney pains from both on a few occasions as well. Got an appointment with a Uro scheduled but its still a month away. Any replies that could help me figure out what is happening is greatly appreciated as this is driving me insane not knowing anything.

Thanks for any input in advance