Urology Community
I think I may have Varicocele or Epididymis.. Or hernia?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I think I may have Varicocele or Epididymis.. Or hernia?

Or possibly some type of subtle hernia. I do plan to visit a urologist, but here's some background:

32 years old
Good health overall.

About 2 or so years ago when lifting weights (military press) I stupidly was lifting with a relatively full stomach. On one particular lift I really had to strain and at that moment I didn't feel pain but more like a sensation near my right testicle.

I didn't go to the doctor and things honestly resolved on their own .. No pain and no sensation. However whenever I lift heavy or if I do intense exercise I get a subtle "feeling" that my right testicle is very lightly sore... Nothing bad really at all, just again a very subtle feeling. It actually hadnt been noticeable at all for several months until a month ago or so I did some very intense exercise (I had been lazy for several months) when I was running up steep hills (that tends to make it flare up). Also, the thick jeans I was wearing on my hikes to keep warm were a little tight and I'm wondering if perhaps that irritated things my compressing my torso.

Another fact... I was 130 lbs at age 25 and by age 28 had gained 30 lbs, mostly muscle from working out but my torso also expanded.

The vein on my right testicle... I'm not sure if it's my imagination and it always looks like that and I'm just projecting something "bad" onto what I see, but it just looks more obvious to me than what I remember seeing normally. I would post a picture but not sure where a good place to post a picture of my balls is.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections. Inflammations, trauma, injuries, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979