Urology Community
IC or UTI?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

IC or UTI?

Hi- i am 51. Just reached menopause and have had a terrible last four months. I have what feels like a UTI. Also have bad constipation. After the last urine test the doctor had a culture grown and it should ureaplasma. Now i am on a course of doxycycline. I have an achy lower back and stingy pain and sometimes throbbing pressure type pain in the bladder. The antibiotic after three days seems to be helping a bit. How does the presence of the ureaplasma relate to IC? any advice for how i can get holistic treatment- i am otherwise a very health active person and i feel like i have been hit by a truck

This discussion is related to Do I have IC?.
Tags: IC