Urology Community
I'm new here and i have some questions...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Okay, so i'm 15. When i was little i was told i have something called nocturnal enuresis. I would go to sleep and wake up covered in my own urine almost every night until i was about 10. When i turned 11 it started decreasing to about 2 times a month. At the age of 13 my accidents seemed to stop completely; maybe once or twice a year! Now i'm 15 and it's starting to come back. My mom suggested that it could be my medication for my migraines, so i quickly stopped the pills. Even with no medication i'm still wetting the bed twice a week on average! I've also noticed that my ability to hold in my urine during the day is getting worse and worse. I can stand up and accidentally start to leak without any warning at all. On top of that i'm experiencing some buring when i use the bathroom. What could this mean? Will i have this forever?
I would suggust going to a pediatric urologist to see what's causing this flare up. The may want to run a unrinalysis and a urine culture to see if you have a bladder infection which can cause burning with urination and urgency. It can easily cause you to loose control of your bladder when you already have problems or even when you're healthy. If I were you I would have your mom schdule an appointment with a doctor or the pediatric urologist and buy some super absorbancy maxi pads to wear during the day time in case you have a small accident. At night you might need something more heavy duty..at least until you can get to the doctor! Good luck and I'm so sorry you're dealing with this but I really think visiting the doctor is your best bet. Oh and I doubt the migrane (migraine) meds are doing anything to make matters worse especially if you had no relief when you stopped them so taking those again would probably be okay.
Well the burning could mean you have a UTI, I'm not sure if a UTI would cause leaking. I'd say call the dr.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This wetting of bed is called adult urinary incontinence. It can be due to overtaking the fluids at night, urge incontinence, inappropriate bladder contractions.  constipation, infection ,a stone in the bladder ,use of diuretics ("water pills") and thinning of tissue due to decreased estrogen after a woman goes through menopause. If the repeat happens, then please get it evaluated from a urologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing. Kind regards.

Having had numerous UTI and kidney infections, I have had one occasion where I could not control my urination. At the time I worked as a heavy duty mechanic and this took place at work. At the time it was believed that this was due to a bladderneck obstruction. As a result the bladder was full most of the time.

In between 1995 to 2003, I used to come down with UTI and kidney infections at the rate of every 3 to 4 months. I have had several occasions where there has been a severe urgency. When the infections have been severe, I have had control during the day. Night time was different as I had a problem with noticing that I was about to urinate. It was not full urination but some leakage. I have started to use condom catheters to avoid wetting the bed. I'm mentioning the condom catheters since your profile is listed as male. This might be a temporary option for you if you are male.

Have you had your urine checked to see if an infection is present? If you don't have an infection, you might need further infestigation.

All the best.

Ron
I just went to the doctor today and had my urine sample tested. We're still waiting on the results. They think that it is most likely a UTI, and i'm also going to see a specialist within the next few weeks. I thank you all for you help and concerns.