Impotence?
During the night my husband only has one erection early in the morning around 5:30-6 in the morning lasting maybe a few minutes...he does not have it by the time he wakes up to go to the bathroom. In order to have sex we really have to work to get the erection. Once he has it sometimes he can keep it hard, and sometimes it goes a little soft so he has to go slow during sex to get it back. He is 30 years old, but has pretty much had this problem since I've known him (we've been married 5 years).  He doesn't smoke or drink, but back in his younger years he did ecstasy a few times. Also, his sex drive is extremely low. Getting it out of him once a week is about all I can do at best. Is this impotence? If not, what else could it be?

Impotence may be diagnosed if the condition has been present for at least 6 months at 50% of the time. There are several causes of impotence.It may be due to psychological disorders,neurogenic disorders,hormonal and vascular disorders,venous and sinusoidal disorders.Drugs containing ephedrine, epinephrine, norepinephrine may cause impotence.Diabetic and renal disorders may also lead to impotence.

I suggest you seek a urologist's consult so that proprer evaluation be done on your husband.The treatment for impotence depends on its underlying cause. A visit to a sex therapist or psychologist may also help you both  go through this.

I hope I am able to help.
I am suffering from the same problem. However, It isn't a psycological issue. I literally felt a muscle snap and i pretty much feel the same but the exact same issues. Did your husband ever lift wieghts? That might be the cause and snapped without him knowing it. I still haven't figured out who or how to fix it.