Urology Community
In-office proced w/o numbing/Urethra stretched I think & BladderPol...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

In-office proced w/o numbing/Urethra stretched I think & BladderPolyps

I am a 45 yr old Female, have Hx of complete Hysterectomy & when in Hosp I got cond called neurogenic bladder in which I had to self cath for 3 mos before cond cleared up, gall bladder removed, occasional bouts of IBS & Hx of pancreatitis x3 but idiopathic reason, no clue why. Immed Family Hx of Bladder & Kidney Ca. Otherwise I am a healthy person. All bloodwork, heart, etc perfect. I've had severe pain in lower pelvic and back right side lower, blood in urine with no infection or puss for over a year. My Uro refused to do anything but meds. Then I demanded a Cysto 9 mos ago, he did it & found many polyps & inflam on lining of bladder/removed them & said to me & my husband those polyps were what was causing all my pain and problems an could also cause infections inother places, maybe the pancreatitis but no proof but there were bad. After that I felt wonderful, my followup appt I told him my stomach went down, I was bloated for a long time, I now felt great -they polyps were what my problem was I was great! He said because they were so many and bad, he wuld repeat every 4-6mos till under control/gave meds & followup appt. I go back, still same symptoms back again, pain, horrible bloating again, nausea, he said no I am fine-wont do cysto again,still blood in urine no infect but gave more meds to clear up infect, ( but he said I had none..?). I still am having pain when voiding & stream stops and starts, go all the time and can't get my urine out. Have had to self cath again to releive myself fully. I go back to Uro again after taking those meds,told him this, he comes in says lets look, doesn't say what he is doing, I am thinking a cath urine sample, then I feel this horrible pain, I mean bad, bad, I screamed, he never said anything to me, I moved back on table(a reflex), tried not to really did, but I said that hurts I mean, bad, he never stopped, pain got worse, he never said a word, then he got mad & said you should never move when you have an instrument up in your body! I never knew I had an instrument up in my body, he got so mad he shook, then he said you could hurt yourself really bad, I mean it! The he turned and left the room! I didn't know what he wa talking about.He left the room mad. I still didn't know what was going on or what he did, the nurse said get composure & put your clothes on. Uro came back, he said my urethera was clamped down and he made it bigger. Gave me more pills to make urine blue & said that will make it better. He said no blood in urine now, no pus no infect so I don't have polyps, bladder if fine, just have small urethera like I did when he did the Cysto.. Now I have no idea what he is talking about, he never said anything to me about a small urethra when he did Cysto to remove polyps, this is the first I have ever heard about this. I just had Dr Appt in Prim Care Phy office 2 wks ago & on routine urine test I still had blood in urine w/ no infections and that was after taking the Uros meds too. Anyway my uro said to me yesterday OK you can go now you don't need to come back.Have me many refills on pills will last a long time, I can take one a day, or if I need to take two or even three a day and literally now that is what he said and all he said, he said have a good day and left the room again. He never put any numbing cream or anything on me, never told me warned me or anything about what he did. All night last night I had horrible pain, bleeding and nausea. I am still in pain this morning while writing this and hurt bad when I void & have back pain still. I could not sleep well last night & I am taking these meds he gave me that make my urine blue & he said that would help. But I still hurt, nauseated and back hurts, I really hurt,  I just don't think what he did was right. Now I want to know what he did and why did he not numb me? And should I go to another Uro? His office was packed yesterday and he was only in my room 5 min and left, then back in to give me pills, two min tops then he said to go. I timed it. I just wonder if he mixed me up w/ another Pt or what? I am bleeding now in toilet when I urinate and little chunks of tissue looking stuff is in toilet with blood. I hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out when driving back to work yesterday. I have heard that once you have polyps removed they come back and sometimes more than before. What he did to me yesterday was not done properly - I know that, he should have told me what he was doing and I believe he should have numbed me too. That was horrible pain to endure without any numbing jell or warning.. that could have really hurt me bad especially when I moved and he never warned me not to move or anything. What do you think?