Urology Expert Forum
Increase in creatine

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Increase in creatine

I am a 26 year old white female.  I have been not feeling good for some time.  The only thing that has shown up in my blood work is a high ASO titre 9x higher than it should be at 994.

I have been telling the doctors I have not been urinate very frequently (2 times a day)...and small amounts at that but am still drinking lots. I am very bloated in the stomach.

The only thing that has shown up in my urine lately is high specific gravity and trace of protein.

The question:

My creatine was once 56 and now is 73.  Is this a number that  flucuates.

Any reccommendations for test that will reveal my true kidney function or can you just rely on this creatine number.

Thanks.  

Yes, the urine creatinine may vary.  A blood test to evaluate the serum creatinine is a more accurate measure of kidney function.  A glomerular filtration rate can then be measured or calculated to get a better sense of kidney function.

If there continues to be concern, the kidneys can be further imaged with an ultrasound and the urine looked under the microscope to evaluate any sediment.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
1 Comment
if my ceqatinine is 148.0 mg/l is there a problem

ken toledo