Urology Community
Infections After TURP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Infections After TURP

Hello Doctor,
My dad underwent a TURP procedure on 9/July/2009.  He was kept on irrigation and medication for 3 days and the catheter was removed on 11/July/2009.
He did not relax, went home and kept moving and driving from the very next day.  From day one he was complaining that he is not being able to pass urive comfortably.
On 15/July/09, he got fever and could not pass urine, we rushed him to the hospital, upon diagnosis the urologist found out that there is some kind of blockage, he inserted the catheter and mentioned that while insertion he could feel that there was blockage and that the blockage is removed and within few minutes the urine bag filled up.
My dad was suggested to keep the catheter till 28/JUL/09. Yesterday the doc told us that there is some infection and suggested some medication and to keep the catheter for few more days.
My question is, is this normal after a TURP??? and what do you suggest we should do??