Inflamed Prostate
gug
I'm a 26 yo male, and have been having urinary urge issues for about a year now. At first, they started if I had some sort of stimulant, such as caffeine. As time went on, I started having urges to urinate even if I didn't have caffeine or alcohol. I went to a Urologist, and he thought I had prostatitis. I did blood and urine work, and nothing showed up. I went on different antibiotics with no relief (cipro, doxycycline, and some other sulfer based antibiotic). Eventually, I had a cytoscopy, and there were no strictures, just an inflamed prostate.

I did another 4 weeks of antibiotics and my symptoms are still around. I've also been taking saw palmetto, zinc, and beta sisterol to see if it helps. I think it has improved a bit since I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to urinate, but I still have urges to urinate during the day.

The symptoms are strange because if I am at home and comfortable, I usually feel fine. However, if I am in a car, or on a bus, or sitting in class, I noticed that my symptoms show up. My feet get sweaty, and I have an intense urge to urinate.

Is it possible that I am experiencing anxiety and it is increasing the symptoms? What can I do to resolve this? This is really affecting my quality of life because when I am in public, it is all I can think about.

Thanks.  

I know what you mean. I have had similar problems at the age of 23 up to my current age of 44. A urologist told me that it was due to proastatitis.
I have been on numerous amounts of antibiotics (Cipro) and I have also be hospitalized due to this as secondary infections of the urinary tract resulted.

I know that you don't want to hear this, but prostatitis seems to poorly understood.

I did not find that over the counter remmedies seemed to help. Having the constant urge to urinate is more debilitating that what doctors seem to realize.

Good luck,

Ron