Urology Community
Inflammation of frenulum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Inflammation of frenulum

I'm 24 years old. IPlease help me, I got a big problem and i dont know what to do and I could use some advice. I figured a urology doctor would know, so thats why I am posting this. I have a problem with my penis and its really serious but i cant afford to go to a doctor now. Right under the head of the penis like on the underside, it hurts a lot and sometimes i get sharp pains out of no where. I dont even have sex or masterbate anymore cuz it hurts so much. I ejaculate prematurely cuz of it and I dont want it to get worse so i stopped all that. I think it started a bunch of years ago when one of my girl friends didnt wanna have sex but just dry hump, it kinda hurt me back then like there was little tears cuz we used to do it so often. Ever since then its been hurting on and off and now I just dont know what to do. Its definitely not an std, i got checked and went to a doctor a couple years ago and he said it was just "inflamed" from trauma and to just put hydrocortisone on it. Ive been doing that on and off since then and even tried vitamin e cuz thats what the internet said. It hasnt gotten better and I dont do anything sexual. Its red all the time and doesnt look smooth like normal, seems like theres little tears under the head on the underside. Sometimes I get wet dreams at night and it really hurts when i wake up, like a sharp pain. I am scared that i wont be able to have sex the right way again and it will hurt me. Im scared that i wont be able to have a wife and family and all that. I get erections sometimes like any guy but it hurts on the underside and I dont relieve my sexual tension so i get erections a lot, but it hurts even when i dont have erections too. Doc, Im really desperate here. I cant afford to go to a doctor. Please give me some advice that doesnt involve going to do doctor. I really dont know what to do cuz the pain is getting worse and im going crazy cuz i dont think ill be able to get married like this. Is there some kind of cream or medicine i can take. Please help. Thanks doc
I'm afraid you definately need to see a doctor for what may well be a very simple procedure. It sounds like you have simply damaged the frenum. Often, the resulting scar tissue from this type of damage is not elastic enough to allow free movement, causing regular irritation, such as you have described.

You must go to see a doctor about this as I would be concerned about infection of the inflamed frenum in the future. This appears to be a fairly common complaint and there are certainly procedures that can help.

There is no need to be embarrassed or scared; it's just a part of your body. The sooner you see a doctor, the sooner you can get on with your life.