Urology Community
Inguinal Hernia & Frequent Urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Inguinal Hernia & Frequent Urination

Does having an inguinal hernia cause a greater frequency of urination?

Thanks for all assistance
Avatar n tn
I think I have two inguinal hernias, one on each side, and I am having a lot of urination and the urologist I saw for the first time, diagnosed me as OAB (Overactive Bladder).  But pain and feeling that part of my stomach is going down through an opening or wall into a place where it would not normally be and a bulging sensation there lets me now think I have two hernias and not OAB or two hernias in addition to OAB.  Hope this helps and it was suggested at this site that a person might want to go for 2nd opinion at University Medical Teaching Hospital.  This is what I am going to try to do.  Merry Christ's Bithday!