Urology Community
Injury to penis - any possible remedy??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Injury to penis - any possible remedy??

Last year I had an incident while I was 'trimming' the pubic hair around my penis. The flip-up part of an electric razor (normally used for sideburns) caught me underneath by the urethra. Ever since, my penis feels deflated and sucked in at all times. It appears smaller, and it is impossible to relax it.  Erections are much harder to get, and difficult to maintain.  I also can't "move" the penis anymore. Urination, however, remains normal.  After several doctors had no answers for me, I searched the internet looking for ideas. I think I've damaged either the urethra or the surrounding corpus spongiosum. I also thought I may have damaged a muscle that connects with the pelvic floor since I can no longer move the penis, and it causes me pain to attempt to (sometimes severe stings when I tighten the muscle).  The problem not only effects my sex life severely, but causes me constant discomfort throughout the day, every day. It feels like my penis is not there, and I endlessly feel like it's sucked in.  If anyone has any ideas or answers, please let me know. I've gotten very depressed & desperate with the lack of answers from doctors. Thank you so much.
It can be due to adhesion formation which pulls the foreskin and prevents it from retracting. It can also be due to phimosis. Phimosis is a constriction of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be drawn back over the tip of the penis. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a urologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing
I do not believe that Snowplow's problem is due to phimosis. Besides, phimosis is common with intact guys!
I have a similar problem but mine did not begin due to external injury. The glans (glands) of my penis does not become erect when i have an erection and also the corpus spongiosum is weak. my erections are significantly weaker than they used to be.As a result i have PE and my erection immediately disappears after i ejaculate as opposed to before when my penis remains erect for a few seconds after.    
I suspect that it all started about a year ago when i began penile exercises to lengthen my penis.
We need help and not some telling us its all in your head.