Interstitial Cystitis
I've been having urinary symptoms for quite awhile now.  I met with the urologist yesterday, and he put me on Sanctura XR while waiting for a cystoscopy to take some biopsies.  He believes it may turn out to be interstitial cystitis, based on my symptoms and severe lower abdominal pain that has not been explained by gynocological or gastrointestinal testing.  The only catching point is....I'm nauseated.  The more my bladder hurts, the more nauseated I get.  He wasn't sure if that played into it or not.  Has anyone else with IC ever experienced this kind of nausea?  Could it just be my body's reaction to pain?  Or is there probably a separate cause for the nausea?

Thanks!

(23 year old female in otherwise good health)
How are you? Interstitial cystitis (IC) is a chronic inflammatory condition of the bladder that causes frequent, urgent, and painful urination with or without pelvic discomfort. To a lesser extent, some experience headaches, dizziness, chest pain, aches in joints, heart pounding, backache, abdominal cramps, nausea, or other pelvic discomfort. Interstitial cystitis manifests differently in patients. Nausea is usually related to the pain  experienced in Interstitial cystitis. This link may be helpful:
(http://www.urologychannel.com/interstitialcystitis/index.shtml)
Take care and keep us posted.
I often have nausea when the pain gets intense.  I have an open script for phengran since it often is bad enough I can not tolerate my medications without it...., once you have more coping tools for the pain you should have less nausea!

If you have not already I would highly recommend that you find a good pelvic pain physical therapist.  Another ICer recommended this to me in the beginning but I didn't think it would help!  However finally 4 years later I went and was amazed at how much she was able to help my pain issues and find reasons for things no one else did!

Shelly