Urology Community
Interstitial cystitis????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Interstitial cystitis????

A couple days ago my bladder just started burning, so i started drinking lots of water with d-mannose, marshmallow root and horsetail, my symptoms have improved, burning is gone but I still have pressure in my bladder. I don't want to take antibiotics because it causes so much other problems in my body like chronic yeast infections.  I seem to have chronic bladder problems, like frequent urination, bladder spasms, my urine samples usually come back negative. Could this be Interstitial cystitis?
I'm so sorry you're having this discomfort and pain.

Unfortunately, I can give you zero advice about your specific proble. Although I've had more than several UTI, and countless kidney-stones, the only bladder issues I've had have been spasms caused by kidney-stone passage (which were easily rectified, incidentally, by taking an Rx anti-spasmodic).

What I CAN advise, is that you seek professional assistance, guidance and diagnosis. This forum is great and I come here and post quite often as of late, but there are some problems & issues best left to the professionals.

I would urge you to go and see your GP/PCP for a Urologist referral. If you don't have insurance, go to the ER. No matter what hospital ER you go to, they are, by law, not allowed to turn you away until you've been diagnosed and stabilized. I see that you live in CA, so I'm fairly certain there are some free clinics around for you to hit.

I really do feel your pain sister, and can relate with all pain & discomfort associated with the urinary system.

I wish you the best of luck with your health problems & issues.
thanks for the response, i think its a bladder infection because i started taking antibiotics and the symptoms are greatly improving. i just hate taking them because its going to screw with my whole system now.
i have been to the ER once for a panic attack, they billed me thousands of dollars, don't wont to go through that again.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to irritation of the bladder or interstitial cystitis( as you are suspecting). As defined in wikipedia, it is a urinary bladder disease of unknown cause characterized by pain associated with urination (dysuria), urinary frequency (as often as every 10 minutes), urgency, and pressure in the bladder and/or pelvis.

You need to consult a urologist and get some investigations done which include a dipstick urinalysis, various urine cultures, and a serum PSA, flowmetry and post-void residual urine volume by ultrasound scanning and cystoscopy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.