Interstitial cystitis
I have had interstitial cystitis for over 21 years now.  I did not see my urologist for 6 years.  I have recently
returned to see him again because my IC seems worse now.  I stopped seeing the doctor
initially because nothing really seemed to make a difference in my bladder and I felt relatively okay at that point.  Upon returning, some of the ARNPs and PAs did not seem to know the tests and treatments that were available.  My question is do you know of a doctor in the Western New York area that has made it a point of treating IC and may
actually have IC patients to gain experience from?   The urologist I was seeing me had told me years ago that I probably knew more about IC than he did!  Not a reassuring feeling at all.
I can relate when it comes to often knowing more the doctor treating you about your specfic condition.  Keep in mine they have 100's of patients as well as condions to keep up on! If they are ope to reading literature you bring in and trying new things they may still be a good choice.

Dr. Moldiwn is the top doctor in the IC movement.  he wrote the book THE IC SURVIVAL GUIDE I am not sure exactly were he is. Jewish something hospitial but if you goggle him you will find it.  Both the ICA Interstitial Cystitis Association and the IC-network have
list of physicians in different areas aswell as support groups by reagion that might help you find a good doctor/

An IC patient as well!
Shelly