Urology Community
Irritated Glans(glands)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Irritated Glans(glands)

I have this very strange irritation for the past 1 year on the right side of my glans (glands) and I feel it when it is in touch with my underwear or if I rub my finger on it. I really can't express the feeling which is more like as if I have bruises around the area. I have consulted over a dozen doctors including urologist, dermatologist, phsicians, etc but all have given a clear chit saying there is nothing and the skin is little sensative due to ending of nerves. I have almost used all creams / ointments but this problem won't budge. I was circumcised when I was just 15 days old but it was done badly as few doctors commented on it. However, something strange or unusal I have noticed is that when the pain or irritation is on its peak my glans (glands) moves inwards (half-way), which never happended before in my life excpet for when the penis becomes smaller due to cold weather. Please advice me as this is on my head 24/7 and I just can't lead a normal life.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Based on what you have posted this seems to be nerve related. This only started a year ago and there seems to be no associated signs and symptoms of a rash, and changes in urinary patterns or sexual response.

A baseline urinalysis with urine culture, a urethral swab culture and prostate secretion cultures may be done just to rule out an underlying infectious process. A nerve related problem may be present here but the question is what could have caused this? You have only noted this to occur a year earlier.

Was there any previous history of injury or trauma to the area?

I do not think the circumcision could have caused this since you have only started experiencing this a year ago.
Thanks for replying, Vanessa,  

The Urologist I consulted did number of lab tests including urine flow which were all normal. However, one of the dermatologists I consulted pointed out something strange that in the inner lip of my penis there was a small sac (not visible to naked eye) which he noticed through some high-tech medical camera. He diagnosed that urine drips fill this sac which cause irritation. He suggested I should have it operated and have the sac stitched. However, I really did not trust him as he sounded too funny and no other doctor pointed out anything similar to what he diagnosed. The worst part is that so far no doctor has been able to trace what this really is. Something I have observed that on the top of my glans (glands) (right side) there is a skin color bump (not a cist) which I think was never there i.e. before this problem, and it emerges very clearly when the irritation is felt and vanishes when the irritation is mild.

I am married and have normal intercourse with my wife. However, atleast I have no problems during intercourse, in fact, the irritation goes away after having intercourse and I feel relaxed. During this 12 months period my wife developed no infections which clears that I too have no infections or these could have been transmitted to my wife as well.

I can't wear boxer shots as my glans (glands) (right side or the right tip) when strikes / touches the inner stitching of the shots irritates and I have this feeling that my glans (glands) has bruises or is bleeding.        

I have tried to explain the entire problem and look forward to your much helpful response. Do you think I should consult a neurologist.

Regards