Urology Expert Forum
Irritation on rim of penis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Irritation on rim of penis

I am a 31-year-old male, circumcised, and have had only one sexual partner in my life. Here is the problem: I have a region of reddish irritated skin along the rim at the base of the head of my penis. The irritation is a thin strip about 3 millimeters wide and it is primarily on the left and right sides of the "rim" area described above.  The area is quite tender. When I pull the skin tight around the irritated area, I can see that the redness takes the shape of microscopic pink spots/veins in the skin. The skin is not broken in any area and is very smooth. The skin has been mildly irritated off and on over the last decade and the irritation usually correlates with masturbating more frequently (say, once a day). The irritation would always go away if I did not masturbate for a few weeks. However, in the last year or so, the irritation has been worse and will not go away even when I stopped masturbating for several months. I saw a urologist and he diagnosed "penile papulosis" and simply said "don't fixate on it". I looked "penile papulosis" up on the Internet and it was equated with Bowenoid papulosis which did not seem to fit my symptoms. Any suggestions on what it is/what I can do?
Thanks!