Urology Expert Forum
Is my penis normal?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is my penis normal?

Hello I am 20 years old.My problem is than when my penis is erected is not very flexible and I can hardly manage to get it parallel to the ground.Is this normal or its a somy symptom of peyronie's disease?
Related Discussions
438205_tn?1240962949
Does your penis curve upward or downward and to what extent? Many penes do not stand ramrod straight at right angles to the plane of the body. A mild upward or downward curve is quite acceptable. Generally speaking, 30 degrees up is not a problem, down is slightly more limited. These are measured at the base of the penis. If there is a sharp bend in the middle, that may be a problem. You can get a more personal answer by consulting a local urologist. The angle can be straitened.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.
2 Comments
Blank
647273_tn?1292094741
Hi,

You and your penis are totally normal. When erect the penis points upwards and not at a 90 degree angle from your body. When erect the penis is also no longer pendulas, meaning that it will not have the same range of movement when soft.
This stiffness of the penis is needed for penetration. There are two erectile parts in the penis that fill with blood during excitement resulting in an erection. If you were to sharply bend the penis or bump the penis agains a partner when the penis accidentaly slips out, it could cause the erectile chambers to tear. This would result in intense pain and permanent damage to penis if left untreated.

So don't try to force your penis to bend when in its erect state.

Take care,

Ron
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers