Urology Community
Is the age of 10 the right time for retractile testicle surgery?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is the age of 10 the right time for retractile testicle surgery?

My son is 10 years old.  He has had a retractile testicle since he was a baby.  The pediatrician and urologist now want to do surgery to hold the testicle in place.  I have read various reports and do trust my doctor.  However my question is, is this standard to do once a boy is pre-puberty and has always had a retractile testicle?  Thank you so much.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
647273_tn?1292094741
Hi,

I'm not sure as to what you mean with retractile (retractable) testicle.

I was born with undescended testicles, the left came down during my first year and the right not untill the age of 11. Even as an adult my right would at times retract into the inguinal canal. In 2006 I had a hernia repair and after that no longer have the right testicle retract in the inguinal canal.

I don't think that there is much to worry about if the testicle at times moves up towards the abdomen. I'm now 45 and have 3 children, so there is no worry about firtility.

I hope that this gives you some answers. If the testicle is in the scrotum most of the time, than there is nothing to worry about.

All the best.

Ron
Blank
I would avoid orchiopexy if not seriously required. I had it, 8 years of pain and later had to have a right sided orchiectomy. Surgery is not always the right answer
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...