Is this a uti?
I received a call this week from my dr telling me I have a uti.  I had a routine screening for a few things things last week.  She prescribed Macrobid.  I have NO symptoms of a uti.  When I looked at the culture report it stated 50,000 - 100,000 colonies forming for Lactobacillus species.  After doing some internet research I am confused why she immediately prescribed antibiotics.  I bought an over the counter test and it showed trace leukocytes and no nitrite.  It is very unusual to have a real infection from this type of bacteria.  Any thoughts
Hi there!

It is not unusual to have a UTI with lactobacillus species. The OTC test kits are not very reliable while nitrites may not be positive with lactoibacillus sp. I would suggest following your doctor’s advise for the time being to be on the safer side, just in case this happens to be an infection.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
I frequently use urine test strips to test my urine when I feel unwell that may be waterwork problem.  Have had kidney stone surgically removed in the past.

Nitrite on the stick will mean that it is a bladder problem - usually Cystitis.
Positive leucocyte reading on the stick with or without signs of protein, usually means that there is a bacterial infection.  If the doctor said you have a uti (urinary tract infection) this is anywhere from the kidneys down.

Did you not get a explanation leaflet when you bought the urine test strips?
I get mine from Amazon - the 10LG Parameter Urine Reagent Strips.