Urology Community
Is this possible?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Is this possible?

I was diagnosed with Skenitis which is an inflamation (inflammation) of the skene gland next to the urethra that caused an infection. I was wondering is it possible for it to go up the urethra to the bladder and the kidneys?
Skenitis is basically a Skene's Gland cyst. Does anybody know anything?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Skenitis is a localized infection of the paraurethral glands and urinary tract infection is due to ascent of bacteria or pathogens fro,m the urethra towards the upper urinary tract like the bladder and kidneys.Theoretically if the infection is not properly managed , bacteria may be introduced into the urethra and this may increase the chance of its ascent to the upper urinary tract( kidneys and ureters). It is however interesting to note that ascent of these bacteria are also being hampered by the urethra and the bladder and ureter junctions which are considered mechanical barriers.So other factors have to be present like instrumentation, mechanical obstruction, poor hygiene, unprotected sexual intercourse, low immune response.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much!
Hello how did your skenitis is being treateat did you had to have it drained, because I have skenitis but there is just a little enlargement it doen't seem to be a cyst, I'm being treated with an antibiotict, for you how long did it take to heal? Thanks.